• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pb with Samsung Ram...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cpinatel

Hi All,

I just bought some new ram to OC my PC better, and surprise, my pc won't start with this ram...

it is Samsung 512 Mo DDR PC 3200

I currently run generic 512 Mo DDR PC 2100 on an Asus P4B533-E @FSB 160

I am aiming at 3.06, this is why I purchased this ram...

Is the ram faulty or is this because My mobo is only supposed to accept PC 2100 ?

I get a POST message telling me the pc can not start because of OC (even at FSB 133, which is default) then many messages saying that there is a problem with the RAM...

Is this a setting ?

Thanks

Hrm. If you can get into bios, go to the 'dram timings' page and change all options set to 'by spd' or similar to 'user' or a specific setting.

Set the frequency to 133 to start, or sync'd with your FSB. (maybe clock your chip at stock speed for testing purposes)

Try relaxed timings like cas 2, 3/6/3 on the ras/cas listings if you have them, 'normal' speed setting, no interleave, 4 word burst, and '1t command' disabled.

See if it posts properly.

If so, enable interleave (2 bank if it's one stick), see if it posts.
test cas 2
test lower timings (2/5/2 3/5/3 etc)
test 1t command
test 'fast' and 'ultra' speed command

rebooting after every individual change.

If all else fails, test the stick in a different computer.

Back