• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda ? about mainboard temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
Ok first where is the sensor for the mainboard temp. The reason I ask this is I realy think my system is to hot but iam not sure my system temps read anywhere from 31c to 36c. On my asus board the temps never got above 30. I have added passive cooling to mosfet and sb. If this reading is coming from the nb I realy think iam fixing to be ordering an orb chipset active cooling unit.

Also I used bios, cpucool, and usdm to get these reading.

I don't think the Asus probe can read temps accurate, as for the 8RDA+, seems like it can't read the temperatures either.

I'd like to add 10C to what it MBM tells me, so I dont let it go over 45C. but I only get 45C with torturetests. now idle temps are 36C (36+10C= 46, which is a reasonable temp for a OC'ed cpu to 2.3Ghz)

most people say that 50C is bad, but hey, i know plenty of people who run their pallys +50C day in day out. nothing to worry about when it says 30-36 dude. your sig says something different though ;/

Iam not talking about a cpu here really someone help. Where is the sensor for the system temp coming from????????????

not the cpu socket right the nb sb what soket????

damn, my bad, i misread your topic ;p must stop multitasking..

if i rememeber correctly, it reads from the winbondchip

where is that above the mosfet or what

Back