• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT7A rev 1.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShaunBrewer

I wonder if someone can help me?

I have a KT7A (raid) rev 1.0 bios A9 and I am running an XP2000+ (palomino). However I have read that some people have got Tbreds to work in this board.

I have 2 1700+ tbreds one an 'A' the other 'B' now could I use these in my KT7A board and clock them? It seems the average mhz for these CPU's is around the 2000 mark that would be significantly better and cooler than my palomino.

I have read conflicting information re the wire trick joining bridges, blowing or cutting bridges etc and don't want to spend a couple of days and either break the CPU/board or find I don't get any better than my XP2000+.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

Shaun

Okay dropped an XP1700+ (a) in my Abit board had to set the multipler and volts manually but runs fine as if its a XP2000+ (12.5 x 133). No mods to the CPU or MB - will try upping the fsb latter. Not really pushing the Tbred but avoids the risk of me breaking anything. The Tbred runs much cooler than the palomino which is good as the box will run 24x7.

However what would be the easiest/safest way to get more?

I doubt I'll get more than 143 from the fsb (had stability problems with a previous chip when the fsb was higher).

Any suggestions greatfully received.

Thanks again

Shaun

Hi,

Yes that would be the safest (however I am prepared to be a little more daring)

Having done some more reading - I believe if I blow the 3rd and 5th bridges with a 9v battery. The 1700+ should boot as a 2100+ my only worry is I don't know the risk (assuming i touch the right bits) what is the chance of failure.

I just need the reasurance of yes - I had a Tbred 1700+ and it works is an Abit KT7A 1.0.

I don't want to blow the bridges find it does not boot - post here and get - oh yes does not work with your combination.

Thanks again

Shaun

2100+ is a 13 X 133 so that would put you in the danger zone as not all KT7A|RAID will have the remapped multipliers. All I can say is Good Luck:beer: & I hope you can join the bridges again if it doesnt work.

Back