• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just read something in a thread, I have my one stick of Ram in slot 1....might this be causing my problems?

I think your main problem is the volcano 9.if you will check the haetsink performance ratings on the first page you will see at least 25 heatsinks that perform better.i would suggest that if you use one of the top five you could eliminate heat as the problem.
In my experiance spontanios reboots without BSODS can be heat or PSU problems.If it bsods first it may well be that you have attained the highest OC that the cpu can handle without more v-core.
This is only speculation as you havn't listed all temps ,idle and load as well as v-core settings.

No, there are no BSOD's just straight reboots. I have tried upping the voltage on the vcore and vdimm to 1.8V and 2.77 respectively, pretty much the same thing happened. I am rock solid stable @ 10.5x150 and more or less stable I think at what I currently have, FSB of 155 although Quake 3 crashed on me earlier in a strange way. I think this was just random. Playing with Ram timings seems to have made little difference, I have tried CAS 2.5, to no avail.

This from SiSoftware Sandra:

Bank0/1 - A0 : DIMM 256MB
Bank2/3 - A1 : Empty
Bank4/5 - A2 : Empty

System Chipset
Model : Nvidia Corp Unknown (01E0)
Bus(es) : ISA AGP PCI USB
Front Side Bus Speed : 2x 155MHz (310MHz data rate)

Temperature Sensor(s)
Board Temperature : 2.0°C / 35.6°F
CPU Temperature : 40.0°C / 104.0°F
Power / Aux Temperature : 26.0°C / 78.8°F

Cooling Device(s)
Auto Fan Speed Control : No
CPU Fan Speed : 4441rpm

Voltage Sensor(s)
CPU Core Voltage : 1.60V (!?!?! This is 1.775V)
Aux Voltage : 1.79V
+3.3V Voltage : 2.62V ( This I believe is the VDimm )
+5V Voltage : 4.84V
+12V Voltage : 12.16V
-12V Voltage : -12.86V
-5V Voltage : -5.10V
+5V Standby Voltage : 5.07V
Battery Voltage : 3.22V

AGP Bus
Version : 2.00
Current Data Transfer Rate : 4x
Side Band Enabled : Yes
Fast-Writes Enabled : No

Other info: I have 5 fans total: 2 exhaust @ 24 CFM, 1 Intake @ 24 CFM, 2 Intake @ 34 CFM ( One of which is on the side window )

Is there anything I am missing? 150 or 155 FSB Load temp seems to be 46*C.

Thanks, Ardent

Back