• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit NF7-S questions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Paul.K

Hi all,

I'm just so jealous of the bandwidth you's gus have been getting with your Abit NF7-S motherboards. At the moment I'm running my main gaming rig on a Abit AT7Max2 mobo with a watercooling DD based system. Now I cant overclock by FSB at all since my Radeon 9700 pro gives me lockups at 172FSB using XMS PC3200 RAM. Bloody 1/5 divider Will the NF7-S allow me to reach 200FSB? without my 9700 crapping out..

Now I've taken the plunge and bought myself an Abit NF7-S Ver 1.2 and 2 sticks of Corsair XMS PC3500 5ns RAM. I am wondering if any of you's have been using SATA for a RAID 0 setup? Any issues ? etc.... Since I'll be getting one IDE/SATA convertor with the mobo and I already have one from the AT7MAX2 i thought i'd try this out first before buying a RAID controller card.

Any info concerning this mobo would be great.

First time with a Nvidia chipset...

Thanks all in advance,

Paul..

I haven't had it very long but have managed to get it up to 173fsb with a cheap stick of pc2700 512mb cas2.5. It's now the only thing holding me back! Ive never used the sata raid because Ive only got 1hd and one converter! this board was my first time with an nvidia chipset and It hasen't really caused me any problems apart from me puttng the floppy cable the wrong way and me spending a week trying to figure out what was wrong! lol! even called up the place where I bought it from and sent an rma form! lol.mmm haven't heard anything about that! The only problem with it is that you need to update the bios to get the right temps and the vcore only goes up to 1.85v! Apart from that its a good board. oh just turn apic off to get high fsb's! I had to do that! Oh and my radeon 9000 pro hasn't been given me any problems with this board!

Back