• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats up with the clips on the NB of 8rda/+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drewthomas14

well i wanted to check the contact between my asIII and my NB today. i found out i had a little too much asIII ,so i cleaned it off and put a paper thin layer on. Well, when i went to clip the northbridge back on the clips kept on going uneven on the back of the board. like one side of the clip would go kinda through the back of the baord and the other side would go through all the way. I finally got the clips to stay through the holes and tried to be carefull not to bump it because i didnt want the heatsink to sit unevenly. Any one notice this problem with the white clips? maybe its just mine.

Last edited:
k must be a problem with mine then but i remembering it being like this when i took the heatsink off to get the bubblegum off of it. maybe i'll ask epox for some new white clips

Back