• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kt7-raid (non A) Xp2100+ Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MYBUDDA40

HI ALL!I'M NEW TO THIS SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME! I HAVE A KT7 NON A RAID BOARD, AND AFTER READING ON DOCINTHEBOXES' SUCCESS RUNNING AN XP2100+ ON THIS BOARD I DECIDED TO ORDER ONE AND TRY IT.I'LL BE HAPPY JUST TO GET THE STOCK SPEED OUT OF IT!! MY QUESTION IS,OTHER THAN SETTING THE THE BIOS TO 900(100),ARE THERE ANY OTHER ADJUSTMENTS I NEED TO MAKE IN THE BIOS?ALSO,SINCE I'M NOT USING THE RAID ON MY BOARD,DO I NEED TO FLASH TO THE A9 2.34 BIOS OR CAN I STAY WITH THE OFFICIAL A9?THANKS FOR ANY HELP!

Welcome!

Here's what you need to set in the bios:

CPU Operating Speed: 900(100)
CPU Power Supply: User Define
Core Voltage: 1.6V

Get a Thoroughbred B if you can. It runs cooler.

If you don't use the RAID controller on your board, the official A9 should be just fine.

Good luck.

No you don't need to change the FSB/PCI setting unless you want to overclock the FSB.

Even then, there's not much leeway to overclock the FSB on the KT7 anyways. The northbridge won't work above 116MHz or so.

Back