• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual channel ddr

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaltag

If I understand this correctly If/when I get an nforce mobo that supports dual channel ddr it's still the same DDR I would use in my other systems correct?I just want to make sure before I do anything.

kaltag said:
If I understand this correctly If/when I get an nforce mobo that supports dual channel ddr it's still the same DDR I would use in my other systems correct?I just want to make sure before I do anything.
Yes you are correct. There is no such thing as dual channel DDR modules. Most companies claim to have dual channel 'optimised' ram or something to that effect. All that really means is the have (should have) tested the 2 sticks together in a DC mobo.

The Corsair sticks are their ultra low latency type, which costs double. You can get them singly and they still cost double what other ram does. Know what I say to that? Forget it!

Back