• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT Ultra BIOS version 5.7. Barton only on KT3 Ultra 2???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freshy98

5.7 is out with support for the XP 3000+ Barton, but only for KT3 Ultra 2???
What's the difference between a KT3 Ultra and a KT3 Ultra 2?

Can anyone explain me this?

not much go here and look at this forums amdmb.com in msi. sume talk about this it looks like it well work on kt 333 chips

Apparently the the kt3 ultra does not support any of the 166mhz fsb processors. according to msi's website that is. Im guessing the kt3 ultra2 was some sort of board update that allowed for that.

Does anyone know if the 5.7 bios update introduces a 1/6th divider? Or will that just never ever happen with a KT333 chipset? I read somewhere (in a post, in an article, somewhere) that there aren't any 1/6 capable KT333 boards, is THAT true?

I really want to try to hit 200FSB or close to it with my KT3 Ultra 2. ;)

ummm dont know iv not seen that one yet. but ill look on sume of the forums for it. if i see sumting ill post it but i do like it that ill be able to run a barton

I read on amdforums of a guy how's running a Barton on a KT3 Ultra (non 2) and it's working great!
If the bus speed is in spec I don't know, but it's running!

i got a kt3 ultra

the 1/6 divider kicks in on a KT3 ultra at 152fsb.

im currently at 180 fsb on mine with no probs.

the kt3 ultra (not ultra2)

will run up to XP2800 chips, maybe higer,you will just have manually set it 166 in the BIOS. the KT3 is missing a 'something' that automatically sets the fsb to 166, that is why MSI doesnt support them. They work ive had a XP2700 in my KT3 ultra ARU running perfectly.

later,
rick.

I think you mean 1/5th divider, asteroth. I've hit 180mhz stable on this board (ultra2), but without a 1/6th divider, I don't think I can go too terribly higher because of my nic, etc.

Back