• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Remove password from bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The correct procedure for clearing the CMOS is turning off computer, moving jumper, hit power button, move the jumper back and hit power button again.

Just moving it and leaving it shouldn't do jack sqwat ..

As for effects, all your BIOS settings will be set back to default. So if you have changed anything, you will have to set it up again..

Do it while your computer is off. I'd also recommend that you take out your BIOS battery before you move that jumper. Moving that pin will reset your BIOS to default, so you'll have to put back in any settings.

yup, stock 2100 is 1733, well done, i was at 1825(12.5*143) with my xp1800, but i backed down coz my cooling wasnt really up to the job.

im folding and running prime95 torture test and it hasnt gonbe above 41 yet :)

i may unlock this chip and push some more, i dont dare go over 151fsb tho, me and Harddrives dont get along well :p

untitled.JPG

im so hapy about my first overclock i couldnt help but post this pic :)

(sorry about size, i couldnt work out how to change it)

sirtoby said:
The correct procedure for clearing the CMOS is turning off computer, moving jumper, hit power button, move the jumper back and hit power button again.

As for effects, all your BIOS settings will be set back to default. So if you have changed anything, you will have to set it up again..
i was told not to do this. i did it with my 8rda+ and it F'ked it up

sirtoby said:

Please read the book that came with your motherboard to figure out the correct way to clear your BIOS before you tell people. You should never turn on your system while the jumpers are set to "clear", as a matter of fact if you read most (MSI, SOYO, GIGABYTE) even tell you to unplug your system and remove your ATX power connector.
BTW, moving the pins does do jack, it shorts out the connection killing the power to your CMOS chip thus clearing it. I have to do this so often, i was thinking of putting a 3 way switch on the outside of the case to clear the CMOS, humm...

AcEmAsTr
good O/C. My system won't do anything above 158fsb and I have no idea why. Every time I do my windows install gets all messed up. Good LUCK!

thank you :)

i plan on unlocking it this week and raisin those multis :D
its fully stable tho, hopefully i can go higher

Back