• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My NF7 Won't Boot, No fans spin, no power to the board!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ben721

Official X-Hour Man
I take it out of the box put everything in, but when I go to turn it on nothing happens, nothing has ever happened, no fan spinning ever. I checked the psu and it works. I have a new Barton 2800+. In the end it seems like I can't get power to it, can anyone help me?

If you have a spare proc laying around, try throwing it in the board to rule out a DOA motherboard. If the mb works w/ another chip, then the problem is one of two things:

- DOA CPU
- need to update BIOS to latest version

One other thing you can try (i've run in to this problem myself). If your using corair PC3200 ram, try resetting the CMOS and putting in a stick of PC2700 instead of the PC3200 Ram. Then, go in to the bios and manually set the proc and mem FSB setttings. There is a known issue with some boards and initially booting w/ corsair pc3200...

Back