• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So far, so good. But..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KamiMazi

Registered
First, relavent specs:

Win XP Pro SP1
Epox 8rda+
Western Digital SE 80 GB 8 MB Cache on Primary IDE
CD-ROM and CD-RW on Secondary IDE
Radeon 9700 Pro at 8X AGP
No PCI slots used
Onboard audio and network are used

On the newest Sandra Pro, they have this HDD scoring around 33K on Win 2K. I get about 21K. Also, I notice it seems to score low for PCMark as well... about 1K.

The HDD is clean and defraged. Plus, I formated not even 2 weeks ago.

I have tried numerous things. I've noticed that in the Device Manager, it lists my HDD as follows:

WDC WD80 0JB-00CRA1 SCSI Disk Device

Also in the Device Manager, it lists this under SCSI and RAID Controllers:

ST3MP28 SCSI Controller

OK, so is this saying my HDD is scuzzy? Cause it's not... nor do I have a scuzzy card installed.

I installed the newest Nvidia drivers for the mobo right after I installed Win XP Pro and SP1.

Anyone have any ideas on what's going on here? I would love to get my HDD up to par, so I can finally label this system 'stable'... for now, at least. :cool:

Well I uninstalled the Nvidia drivers, ran bench, and same score. Tried manually linking the IDE ATA/ATAPI to the nvhdc.inf but still the same score. At least it doesn't say scuzzy anymore...

Hope you guys got more ideas on how I can fix this. Ideas not involving formats. :X

Last edited:
Back