• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mem help fast!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Buffer

Hey my firnd has a hp 4550z and he has 2 sticks of 32 megs in there. He just purchased a 128 kingston stick and the thing wont boot. Does he have to run like 2 64's to get 128 or whats wrong? If he tries just teh 128 the pc boots but no video. If he tried 128 and a 32 the pc gets some error. Error 29 or something. I need help fast!

SDRAM it says it needs pc100, he got pc133 that should be a problem would it?

no that should not be a problem, how many slots for memory are there?? maby try moving the stick around thry first slot, then last slot, and maby look in the bios there might be a memory setting

Found this at teh site # Kingston does not recommend 133MHz memory in 100 MHz or 66 MHz buses. Could that mean that 133 wont work for 100?

might be the motherborad, i ran pc 133 on 2 diffrent mbs that where pc100 only, it will just make the memory only run @ 100. buy u said its a hp? like store bought pc?? that might be the problem, they dont like you to update will other companys parts

Ill try switching the ram in different sopts. So do u thing if I got pc100 it would work or what?

try the diffrent slots, then call the company that made the computer and ask if it can handel 128 sticks, and if so ya ide say try pc100 if nothing else works, you might just need to upgrade bios also that might help

no idea bro, i guess maby try getting ahold of pc100 ram if that dont work then buy a new pc bro,

Yeah hes gettign a new PC in teh summer but he wants to sorta fix this 1 up for his dad.

Back