• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What a diffrence

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OOzinEvil

Registered
Flashed in the new 1002A bios (A7N8X delux) upgrading from 1001G, temps dropped 8c on the chip and 12c on the mobo. Im stoked! Have yet to attempt to overclock due to high temps before, no excuses now, time to start reading. BTW current temps...CPU 32C running IE, d-loading from the newsgroups (newsbin), MiRc, mobo monitor 5, and G-6 ftp with one leech. :) Havn't tried under a load yet, gotta go to a promotion party so ill let Prime 95 run and see how it does.
For anyone else that had trouble flashing to the 1002 (previous) like I did, just would not take. The 1002a ran right up using the alt + F2 deal.

"Don't p#*s down my back and tell me its raining" The Outlaw Josie Wales

A7V333 mobos showed a similar temp drop after upgrading to the 1011 BIOS (I think that's the correct number, its been a while). Probably what your seeing is more of the same sort of thing. It seems that the actual temps are not dropping, but Asus is just lowering the read out. So, don't expect your chip to be running 8C cooler.

Asus has a reputation for overreading temps. Maybe they are trying to correct that.

Back