• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to setup NF7-S (v1.2) Bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vincent_mulder

the instructions are not very clear. I wonder if there is anyone knows bios settings well?

essential components:

Athlon XP 1700+ T-Bred B
Abit NF7-S v1.2
Crucial 9700 pro 128M
OCZ DDR3500 EL 256Mx2
Seagate 80GB 7200rpm
16x DVD/44x CD-RW

I don't know why I can't set Ram at 5-2-2-2 but 3-3-2-2 runs perfect. what if I set Voltage higher, will it be helpfull? and which voltage should be set up higher?

Memory Timing:
Row-active delay (1~15) currently 3
RAS-to-CAS delay (1~7) currently 3
Row-precharge delay (1~7) currently 2
CAS latency Time (2.0~3.0) currently 2

CPU Core Voltage: 1.1v~2.3v currently1.9
DDR SDRAM Voltage: 2.6v~2.9v currently 2.6v
Chipset Voltage: 1.4v~1.7v currently1.5v
AGP Voltage: 1.5v~1.8v currently1.5v

CPU FSB/DRAM ratio (3/3~6/6) is there any differences between 3/3 and 6/6?

CPU Interface : Enable/Disable which one I should choose?

APIC Mode: Enable/Disable -MPS Version Ctrl For OS 1.1/1.4 I don't think it's easy to overclock if I disable this option. (I tried several times)

Report No FDD For OS Enable/Disable what is FDD, enable it or not?

Delay IDE Initial (0~15 seconds) Have I got a nice Hard drive?

System BIOS Cacheable Enable/Disable should I disable this ****?

Video RAM Cacheable same as above

AGP Aperture Size (32~512M) I'm using 9700 pro 128M then 256M aperture size could be the best choice?

FSB spread Spectrum (Disable/0.5%/1%/) currently 0.5% I hate this option cuz I don't understand this ****.

AGP spread Spectrum (Disable/0.5%) currently 0.5% hope some one can tell me

CPU Thermal-Throttling (Disable/87.5%/75%/62.5%/50%/37.5%/25%/12.5%) currently 50%

Onchip IDE controller 1/2:
-Master Drive PIO Mode: (Auto, mode0/1/2/3/4) currently Auto
-Slave.........same as above
-Master Drive Ultra DMA (Auto/Disable) Auto
-Slave........same as above
does my harddrive ATA100 support Ultra DMA?

IDE Prefetch Mode (Disable/Enable) currently Enable, I shall..............?

onboard Parallel port (Disable, 378/IRQ, 278/IRQ, 3BC/IRQ) currently 378/IRQ No idea of what it be

Parallel port Mode: (SPP/EPP/ECP/ECP+EPP) currently ECP+EPP

Well welcome to the forums first off
It is obvious you are knew cause these are options on many motherboards but i will give you a hand
for your ram if it can run fine at that speed keep it cause the lower the timing the better!
i dont know what cooling you are using but if you are using air than turn the voltage down to max 1.85v. for ddr voltage generally a good thing to set it at is 2.7v so you can overclock a bit without voidin the lifetime warrenty. for agp i set it iat 1.6v.... for chipset set 1.7v so you can get the highest fsb possible
for fsb dram ratio 3/3 no there is no diff between that and 6/6
i have cpu interface enabled it gives a nice speed boost
i am not sure in the rev 1.2 but in rev 1.0 apic enabled gave horrible instability.... in order to get it so its "easy to overclock" you need to reinstall windows with it disabled
FDD is floppy drive
Dont delay IDE initilal
Leave the System bios cacheable/vid ram cachable to whatever it is at stock
AGP Aperature size has to do with how much ram you have since you have and since i see you have 512mb of ram than put agp aperature size to 128mb
For FSB/AGP spread Spectrum set Disable
for CPU thermal throttling Disable as well
Leave the onboard ide/parall port stuff to stock settings

there you go have fun!

Thanks a lot

I'm now setting FSB [email protected] and Ram timing [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] very stable now

Why you set [email protected] does it help overclock Graphics card or not?

is it the ideal setting of rams 5-2-2-2? but I'm not able to set it when using above 195 FSB (very close to 200)

does 4-3-2-2 do better work than 5-3-2-2? and what if 4-3-1-2?

and does it harm rams @ 2.9v DDR Voltage?

I've reinstall the windows with disabled APIC, but there was no different of how high the FSB goes, so again I reinstall windows with it enabled. I hope APIC brings me better performance. (if I'm wrong correct me.)

2.9v is fine for ram if you have decent case cooling.

you want the lowest possible timings for your ram so if it can run 4-2-2-2 then keep it!

i keep my agp at 1.6v just cause it doesnt hurt stability at all to put it a little overvolted.

only way to check what timing is the best is to run sandra

the apic fix was in the rev 1.0 board it may work 100% fine now i am not sure

Back