• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V266-E watercooled with the hots!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Donziboy2

Im sitting here with my water cooled rig, all danger den stuff, and im getting low to mid 50's C. Ive removed block 7-10 times in the last 3 weeks trying to figure this thing out, no change in temps, ive checked every jumper there is to check, voltage is default. Room temps vary from 75-82F, depending if ive been on my comp all day or not. Is my board telling me BS or is it realy that hot????????
I pulled all the numbers of the chip yesterday when I tried yet again to fix the problem, and im running out of artic silver;)
AX1900DMT3C
AGOGA151MPM
41F26940409
Yes its an AGOGA, and I did not know it till the other day when I looked at it.

System.
Full tower Chieftech case.
1900+ 1.6ghz AMD XP
Asus A7V266-E w/ raid
2 IBM 60 Gb hard drives on raid
1CDRW burner, 1 DVD rom, and 1 more 80gb WD hard drive
Gianward Geforce 4 TI4600
CreativeLabs Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum Ex
LOTS OF Fans blowing front to back

Watercooling rig
Danger Den Maze 3
Black Ice Extreme Radiator w/ Papst 120 mm 55 cfm fan
Eheim 1250 water pump
The lil Clear Reservoir from Danger Den
all parts except waterblock in an extrernal enclosure.

In the time ive had it I was bored enough to get it just under 1.8 ghz, without unlocking multie's. and after running if for a 2 hours i got a nice error on my raided HD's so I dont play with fsb anymore:p At 1.8+ghz i cant get into windows Xp, PCI error. Temps never realy changed with the uping of fsb, and my mb chips are running nice and cool, never get up 2C past room temps.

Anyone got a clue as to whats goin on?

Ive also had it for a lot longer then 3 weeks;) MUCH LONGER........ and ive gone threw 2 air cooling blocks. The Thermaltake 6Cu +, and then went to the Coolermaster Heat pipe, was a lil better but nothing big, and I found that the stock hsf works wonders on my mothers 800 Duron:p

Three questions and forgive me for asking the first one.

Are you using thermal compound.
What Vcore are you running.
Where are you reading the temps from.

Just to verify also, in your water system have you made sure you have good flow thruout it, no restrictions ect...... I took a bucket and looped the lines into it, to make sure the water was gushing. Hate to see you go crazy over something just because something was stuck in a radiator or line. Youd probably have better results from this thread also in the water cooling forum.

Using arctic silver 3.
Vcore is at 1.75 Default.
And I have good flow threw the system.

Try using a digi doc or compunurse. Without suffcient airflow around the cpu socket, the board temp sensor may not be accurate. Any heat under the cpu will stay there, and increase your readings.

Back