• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7S5A Bios By Honey X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wraith

Anyone else tryed this BIOS? ive been using it since last year, and it serves me well, never had a problem, check them out here. at the link on the bottom
Are they any better/worse than the cheepo bios you guys use?K7S5A forum

Last edited:
I had tried both cheepoman and Honey X bios. I think they are about the same. Like you, I just managed to run at 147fsb, at 150 it won't boot.

I gave it whirl, if anything its better because it doesn't have the giant splashscreen when it starts. I really can't say whether its better or not. I was able to reboot to 150 fsb when the pc was nice and warmed up with two sticks of 256 mb corsair xms2400, but when I tried it the next day I got a winXP instanteous BSOD on starting and then it rebooted. I can't really compare this with my prior overclocking attempts because its the first time I've tried to get to 150fsb since I did a voltage mod that increases chipset, memory and agp(a side effect I could live without) voltages.

Mike

Anyone else want t ogive this BIOS a shot? Everyone ive talked to says they like it more than the cheepomons bios

Wraith said:
Anyone else want t ogive this BIOS a shot? Everyone ive talked to says they like it more than the cheepomons bios

I used to have a k7s5a over a year ago and only used the cheepo bios. Never found anything wrong with it. Was able to run at 150fsb without any problems.

What exactly did the ppl you've talked to like better with the honey bios?

yeah im confused about this. the k7s5a is such a simple board that there really isnt much you could possibly change to improve its performance. apart from the splash screen (which i have NO problem with) i cant see how it could be better.

Well, since ive never had to try anything other than the honey x bios, icant give firsthand opinion.

But what they say is the Honey X bios' are more stable. That and honey personaly responds and helps out at the forums to your problems, a great guy IMHO.

well iguess some people have compatability problems, tose that do usualy got ohoney x's bios and work fine. I dunno, im stickin with honey for now. Nayoen else wana try it out?

I like it better than cheepo. Mostly because, personally, I didn't like seeing that big white splashscreen every time I booted. Seems to be a couple extra setttings too, although I don't know what they do. :p It's just as stable as the cheepo bios for me though and I can't get higher fsb or anything with it.

Splashscreen

You can make the splashscreen not come up in bios for both bios version but is that really the only difference. If the Honey X bios helps me from my warm and cold boot problems and the disappearing cd-rw drive I will use it because cheepobios is not helping that part but does give me good overclocking at 150/150.

i am using cheep bios and oc at 150*11 stably:D

i want to know anyone can use it with 166?thx

OC 166

I can get it if I use the FSB program in windows. It has been said cold booting with 166 with that board is near impossible. Maybe pc3700 ram can cure that ehehehe.

i have a K7S5A and i've used both cheepo and honeyx, i like the honeyx a lot better, honeyx programs with the consideration of stability first on his/her list - just read the readme in her bios', nice little honeyx logo on boot - very stylish :), bios options move up in order (tras 4-5-6-7) unlike cheepo which jumps around (6457 or something like that), same thing with the fsb/mem, honeyx goes up in order while cheepo jumps around - takes forever to find the one you're looking for, also as pointed out - honeyx posts and helps out in forums and solves problems in the bios quickly when people have problems (even putting out a new one right away with errors fixed)

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3 said:
bios options move up in order (tras 4-5-6-7) unlike cheepo which jumps around (6457 or something like that), same thing with the fsb/mem, honeyx goes up in order while cheepo jumps around - takes forever to find the one you're looking for
lol takes forever to find 1 number out of 6 or 7?

Boot Question

I have had my ECS K7S5A for over a year now and there is two things that bothers me about it. First, when booting it will not boot all the time like a regular computer. I have to turn it off and on a whole bunch of times to get it too boot. I have chipset mod and 420 watt antec psu so power and heat is not the problem. I run 49c full load. I really hate having to turn it off and on. I have the newest cheepoman bios for the board. Plus sometimes it just plainly doesn't see my cd-rom drive. So i have to go through the long rebooting phase again. Other than this I have no other problems with the board. Are the honeyx bios able to fix things like this???? What else can I do???I am running at 133fsb and it does this with overclocking or not.

Yes, try the honey X bios, it m,ay fix your problems, if not, tlak to honey x, and he will fix it FOR you! Another reason i love honey x bios'.

I have no idea if there are tweaing bios's dude

Back