• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need cheap OnBoard everything

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

knif_00

This lady I work with is wanting a new computer and shes looking at the HP's WalMart always try to bilk you into buying. . I'm trying my hardest to keep her from doing that cause that would be a shame.
But me being the "geek" i am, I find it hard to build her a comparable system with all this onboard crap cause I always wanna tweak it out and get the latest in video and audio. . and well you get the picture.
So here is my question. . What is the best on-board everything MOtherboard around right now?
This system will be a mid range Athlon with 256 MB of DDR. . .probably PC2100.. You know just a typical system.
Any ideas on a good mobo?

I've built PC's for exactly the same kind of people a couple of times. I like to use the ASUS A7N266-VM. You can get it for 72 bucks or so at Newegg. It packs an on-board Geforce2, 5.1 Onboard Audio, LAN and supports up to Athlon 2400+. It's a nice solid board.

Do you remember what the final price was ? Parts and labor.
I configured a system around that board this evening for a total (ballpark) of 600 even.. give or take 15 bucks on the labor ya know what I mean?

PC Chips 810DLU. Onboard everything for $51. SDRAM or DDR266. On the downside, there is no AGP slot. The older 810L series has AGP, but no DDR.

Epox 8RGA+ .. exactly the same board as the 8RDA+ except for that it has onboard graphics equivalent to a GeForce4 MX..

oh and it has adjustable vdd voltage also.. which is nice for o/cing.. :)

All this info. is great guys, but some links and prices would be much appreciated.
I couldnt find that 8RGA+ last night, but it was also 3 in the morning . . *zzzzzzzzz*
*Need sleep. . and linkage to cheap mobos......zzzzzzz*

Was in the same boat as you yesterday, wnet to a comp show got him a Case with 400W ps, Xp1800+, HSF,PC2100ram, 3.5 floppy, cheap modem, LiteOn 52x24x52 CD/R. for $368.00 with tax.

This Mobo with everything on it, vid, sound,lan

blackhabit said:
what is this Epox 8RGA+ you arte talking about am looking for an all in one mobo just to get folding for the extra proc i have

8RGA+

It's not cheap either, here is a place from pricewatch.

When my 2100+ T-bred gets here this week I will be getting the ECS for the XP1600+ that will be comming out of my Ep0x 8KA3, the ECS sys will be siting on the side just folding with the other 3 that just fold.

Good luck eith way.

Back