• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EBAY Winbond 3200 Chips?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shill82

ON EBay they are selling PC3200 CAS2 rated chips all I want to do is run 2-2-2-6 1t at 200 do you think these could get me there? They are really cheap we're talking 80-90bucks for 512MB of PC3200 to me that sounds to good to be true. If they can do it for me I'm gonna buy 2 and run a gig of ram and have no page file that would be sweet!

LMK
Shawn

Wow this sounds awesome:

Important Note: Do not pay more for "exotic" memory like: Corsair, OCZ, Kingston, Geil, Mushkin, Gehugen, Transcend, and TwinMos. Why? Because We Use the Same High Performance DDR RAM as they do: WINBOND part number W942508BH-5

shill82 said:
ON EBay they are selling PC3200 CAS2 rated chips all I want to do is run 2-2-2-6 1t at 200 do you think these could get me there? They are really cheap we're talking 80-90bucks for 512MB of PC3200 to me that sounds to good to be true. If they can do it for me I'm gonna buy 2 and run a gig of ram and have no page file that would be sweet!

LMK
Shawn

any link?

paymon said:
Wow this sounds awesome:

Important Note: Do not pay more for "exotic" memory like: Corsair, OCZ, Kingston, Geil, Mushkin, Gehugen, Transcend, and TwinMos. Why? Because We Use the Same High Performance DDR RAM as they do: WINBOND part number W942508BH-5
you do know that the quality of the pcb of ram comes in to play when overclocking.

uhhhhhh, did you take quality of pcb under consideration buddy? quality isn't only in the chips, it's also the pcb in which they put it together, they aren't "exotic", they're "quality" and they back it up. not to mention service and responsiveness to customers the more reputable companies offer

paymon said:

Because We Use the Same High Performance DDR RAM as they do: WINBOND part number W942508BH-5

Who is "We ..." refers to? The company that sells the modules?

drewthomas14 said:

you do know that the quality of the pcb of ram comes in to play when overclocking.

BTW, from the sig, you are running 256MB x 2 TWINMOS @ 195 MHz fsb. Which two dimms are you putting them in? Have you tried the difference between dimm1+dimm2 and dimm1+dimm3?

I am testing 2x256 MB twinMOS on A7N8X. I see there is a difference of 5-7 MHz between dimm1+dimm2 (non-dual channel) and dimm1+dimm3 (dual channel), the former being higher fsb. I can get it to run at 207 MHz 6-3-3-2 stable, Vram 2.6 V.

Last edited:
hitechjb1 said:

BTW, from the sig, you are running 256MB x 2 TWINMOS @ 195 MHz fsb. Which two dimms are you putting them in? Have you tried the difference between dimm1+dimm2 and dimm1+dimm3?

I am testing 2x256 MB twinMOS on A7N8X. I see there is a difference of 5-7 MHz between dimm1+dimm2 (non-dual channel) and dimm1+dimm3 (dual channel), the former being higher fsb. I can get it to run at 207 MHz 6-3-3-2 stable, Vram 2.6 V.
im running them on the one closest to and furthest away from the cpu socket. i dont know which ones those are.

drewthomas14 said:

im running them on the one closest to and furthest away from the cpu socket. i dont know which ones those are.

If I am not mistaken, you are using dimm1+dim3 (dual channel).

Try changing to dimm1+dimm2 (next to each other and closer to CPU). You may be surprise to find out that you can make it to 200 MHz (assuming you are at 195, from sig) and join the nforce2 200 club (lol).

Running in dimm1+dimm2 (non-dual channel) may not give up anything on dual channel memory bandwidth, but as result can oc the fsb higher and get even higher benchmark on memory and 3D.

drewthomas14 said:
i can run my ram async @ 200 in the slots @2.7v. its my motherboard vdd voltage that is keeping me back

Have you tried running in SYNC with the two modules in dimm1 and dimm2? You may be able to overclock them a few MHz higher than putting them in dimm1+dimm3.

Reference link

ill try it but im pretty sure it won't work. I think my psu is also holding me back b/c i cant get my chip voltage above 1.8v. If it did work i wouldn't keep it there. I have had it to 200fsb with it in the slots i have it in now, it just failed prime after 3 hr and like 40mins

the circuit board that the ram chips are on. yes it comes into play but as he said he wants 200mhz fsb cas2 which is what the ram is rated for, assuming it to be a reputable seller on ebay is up to him he can return ram that doesnt do spec. but if it were me, and i were ordering RIGHT NOW, id go to cyber deals and find the link to the mushkin sale, high quality 3200 2-2-2 name brand ram from mushkin for 95 dollars for 512mb

Back