• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help needed please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Butmonkey

Registered
The MSI KT3-Ultra2 I just received kinda bugged out on me. I plugged everything in, and was changing BIOS settings, and then went into the Windows installation process (New HDD). To make a long story short, when I turned the computer off (Windows not installed yet), and went to change the physical IDE configuration, something sparked and lit on fire while pulling it out.

I turned the computer back on and all was well. However, after about 3 reboots, the thing won't start. No power, nada. But, I put pressure on the Primary Onboard IDE plug from the HD into the motherboard, and all of a sudden the board gets power. Fans go on, but no post.

What the heck is going on? Can anybody help me out? I'd really appreciate, and thanks in advance for the hordes of information I'm sure you guys can provide. :D

Butmonkey said:
something sparked and lit on fire while pulling it out.

I think it goes without saying that that's generally a bad thing tm.

Regardless of what the problem is, I'd say it's a 99% certainty that the motherboard is hosed. :(

But the board still worked after that incident. It was only a few reboots later that pressure in the Primary onboard IDE slot got power running through.

Back