• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which ram to overclock higher

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tw00sh

I want to get my chip higher than 2.8 gigs, but my memory is holding me back. I pumped it up to 150Mhz and I got a memory BSOD in XP, so obviously it's holding me back. Although it only crashed when I was doing something intensive. ( I was playing a game at the time)

What I cannot figure out is what ram to get. I use PC2100 right now and my board supports 400/533 mhz. I want to stay above 533mhz.

Can I just get some of this:

CORSAIR MEMORY XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, Low Latency 256MB 32MX64 PC-3200LLPT With Platinum - Silver Heat Spreaders.
Specifications:
Speed 400 MHz
Organization 32M x 64
CAS Latency 2-2-2-6-T1
Memory type Low Latency

If I use this memory, can I still run it at say 170MHZ to get over 3 gigs? This is actually lower than the ram is capable of, right ?

Or will I have to change something? I saw people talking about 3/5 and 4/5. Is this the option for PCI and AGP? I already have the option to lock my PCI and AGP on my mobo.

Back