• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

are all DDR modules the same layout?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LittlePiggie

Like does 2700 and 3200 look the same exactly? are there different amounts of surface mount stuff? do 512 and 256 look different if they are both single sided? double sided?

is there even any 256mb DDR modules that are double sided?

sorry for all the quesions, I have an idea growing and I want to know if it has a chance of working. (no I won't tell yet, you will definately know if it works ;))

i have a stick of kingston 256mb pc2100 that is double sided, had a crucial 256mb pc2100 that was double sided too - it broke and rmad - sent back a single sided

hmmm. are there 2700 and above that are double sided though?

and what's the big deal with vid card ram?

well i have a 512mb stick of mushkin pc3200, it's double sided as far as i can tell with the heatspreader already on it

video cards have both a core processor and memory, it's performance depends on the memory just like our systems do i guess. the difference between the radeon 9500 and 9700 series is that 9500s use 128bit ram while 9700s use 256bit ram

so, what would the nanosecond rating on a stick of samsung pc2700 ctl be? on a 3200 samsung (for a good stick)?

hmm, well I found out that mushkin 3500 is 5ns. I was told by the crackhead at a local shop that their samsung pc2700 was 2.*ns. this cant be right. why are the higher rated memory sticks higher ns and the slower, faster? makes about 0 sense.

why can vid cards get higher mem speeds than 3500 and still have 3.6 and 2.8ns ratings?

i think lower is better...... I figured out what your project is BTW. Sorry if this doesnt relate to your thread a whole lot, but hey, you linked here from the classifieds ;) Anyway, how much voltage would you ned to pump through it? Are simulating the AGP voltage or what?

I don't know, I was just thinking about that :p. if I needed more than 2.8, I could volt mod the vdimm and not use any other ram with it...

Speed is is based on the highest frequency of operations the RAM can operate at.

Lower access times (nanoseconds) means its capable of more operations per second means its stable at a faster buss frequency.

Back