• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New A7N8X Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FusionBoi

Hello, i got advice to repost this here, as its related to an asus motherboard.

i recentlly installed the asus a7n8x delux, and windows xp would not boot (blue screen hardware errors) so i figured it was just onboard virus protection or ram settings messing it up, but as i have figured out in the last 2 days it is not one of theese problems, i have already tried reformatting and installing xp again, but about halfway through the installation it pasues, crases and gives me the blue screen again. I know it is not the harddrive as i have tried a different drive, and same error, i also tried insalling windows from a different pc than just booting from that, but no luck.

The only other advice i have gotten is to try underclocking a few mhz, and i am yet to try it, but am going to today.

if anyone else has had a similar problem or experiance with this or anotherboard and can offer some advice, please do as any HELP is apprishated. Thankyou

Donr suppose you have a different Dimm you could try do ya? If not, try moving the one ya got to another slot. This board is kinda a pain in the arse. You have to find exactly what it likes...

Make sure your heatsink is on right and CPU COP is not set incredibly low. Also, you could try setting the CAS latecy to 2.5.

still same problem, hardware error forced windows to quit to prevent damage. tried difff hdd, gfx card, ram etc. no luck. tried everything suggested too.

did you format your HD ? i went from a asus via chipset and it wouldnt do squat, till i formatted then it wasnt an issue anymore ! nforce2 and via dont get along ;)

Burnt_Ram said:
did you format your HD ? i went from a asus via chipset and it wouldnt do squat, till i formatted then it wasnt an issue anymore ! nforce2 and via dont get along ;)
Someone had mentioned that they had to install the board and and XP installed all the necessary pieces for ya. No go huh? I see a format and reinstall in my near future. :D

Zeke009 said:

Someone had mentioned that they had to install the board and and XP installed all the necessary pieces for ya. No go huh? I see a format and reinstall in my near future. :D
yes i think so. i had to ! xp will install the basics after a format. then use your a7n cd to do the proper setup. then youll be good to go ! ;)

Back