• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with voltage mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyberius

I briefly checked out the socket pin shorting trick @ the sticky post. So, this changes only your defualt Vcore but will not let you get past what your maximum bios setting is? I didnt read too closely into it, but I'm looking for the easiest way to get past 1.85 Vcore on my Asus A7N8X. ANyone know of an easy voltage mod. I'm willing to do just about anything, Ive already voided my warranty beyond belief, I dont think they'll believe that my asus came with a coolermaster cpu fan on the northbridge stock. :p Any feedback would be awesome.

couldnt help ya on that one.
and this isnt the right forum for that really. Try asking in the asus motherboards section.

The socket pin jumper trick will let you get past the maximum BIOS setting, but it will not let you get past the maximum voltage regulator setting.

In other words, my Abit KX7-333 motherboard had a maximum BIOS setting of 1.75 volts when I was running my 1800+ Tbred A (default CPU voltage of 1.50 volts). I installed the mobo jumpers to get a default CPU voltage of 1.75 volts, and found that I was limited to 1.85 volts in the BIOS. This is due to the fact that the voltage regulators on my mobo are limited to 1.85 volts.

To go higher than the maximum voltage regulator setting, you will need to install a Volt Mod on your voltage regulator. I think the thread explaining how to do this is in the AMD motherboard forum.

Back