• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PNY pc2100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
not really first its pny witch = crappy in my book, and 2nd its 2100, you can get 2700 for about 10$ more

on my 1.7 willie i've got the system up to 2.1ghz so the ram is running at 333mhz and its solid at 2.5,3,3,7 @ 2.6v. I've been happy w/ mine but im getting corsair memory in a few days. BTW its only a 128mb chip.

only experience i had with pny was a sucky one. years ago i bought a 256 stick to throw in my dell before i dabbled in building a system this past month. i got a lot of crashes- tested the ram and it was defective. returned it (this was when i still shopped at compusa- they sell it there)

i've always had good luck w/ PNY. back in the day of my Pentium Pro 200 that was all I used and I never got a bad chip. Infact I've never gotten a bad chip from them. Right now the chip I have is on loan from work. Its been good to me...but the corsair XMS is on its way :D The memory did take well to the overclocking but it didnt wanna get any more aggressive on the timming. Stock is 2.5,3,3,7. It can run 2,3,3,7 but it really isnt pretty...i got alot of crashes in windows. So i relaxed things a bit. but for some ram to get this system started its done fine. However at the same time I cant wait to drop it like a bad habbit.

yea my pny memory does fairly well and for the price u can't complain. pny memory always has a rebate on it(wouldn't buy it if i didn't) it will take some overcloking too but i've heard it depends on what kind of chips u get on the stick . my stick did 151fsb no prob tryin to get it to go higher as we speak.

stopdrpnro said:
yea my pny memory does fairly well and for the price u can't complain. pny memory always has a rebate on it(wouldn't buy it if i didn't) it will take some overcloking too but i've heard it depends on what kind of chips u get on the stick . my stick did 151fsb no prob tryin to get it to go higher as we speak.

it'll overclock for sure...but it doesnt like aggressive timings much at all. I dont even think i could get my to do a 2,3,3,6 with stock speeds. I did get a 2,3,3,7 (on overclock) and the improvements were not much mover 2.5,3,3,7. However the 2,3,3,7 did end up having some stability issues so its back to the stock 2,3,3,7...no biggie.

Some people have good luck while others (me) have not. I guess its all luck.

But for the money, it works just fine in my folding rig. It'll overclock, just not as good as crucial/micron does.

i will never buy, any real computer hardware from compusa ever again less that a month ago i bought 2x256 pny pc2700, also bought heat spreaders (advice from guy there) i put the spreaders on and installed ram it worked fine for a few days then it started messing giveing me eroors left and right so i took them out and took back to compusa they removed the spreaders and told me this is not pny ram we cant return it. i trew a fit yelled for about 45 min they looked at lots of other pny ram all of them hade diffrent chips than mine i made them get the store manager over there and we wint threw every package of pny ram they hade and what do u know it was pny ram the same pny ram i bought 5 days earler they said ok we sorry we will exchange it, next 2 sticks same crap i wint back and got my $ told them they lost my bizz forever

Back