• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Meed help Jetway V226B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dudleycpa

I inherited a system from my uncle. It has a Jetway V266B mombo. (At least that's what the manufacter appears to be.) I bought a new Maxtor 60GB hard drive and when I go to format it (with the Maxblast floppy and cd inserted) I get a "can't boot from cd" error message.

I know that the system can see the hard drive (I went into the bios and it is the primary master). I did not do anything to the cd rom drive.
I've gotten the W98SE bootdisk to work once but it locked up. I made a new bootdisk on my other system. I downloaded it from Bootdisk.com.

My uncle had a 20GB drive with WindowsXP professional. He was pretty good about keeping everything (I found his copy of Magic Install). I can't find his WindowsXP Pro cd that's one reason I bought a new drive. I guess I will put that drive back in and see what happens.

Since I have an Intel system I wanted to ask what I might be over looking. I know I have to install the 4-1 drivers and the other chipset specific stuff from the cd.

Any help is deeply appericated.

dudleycpa

Back