• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+ can't boot...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

konnyaro

Hi,
I've got a problem: My epox 8rda+ can't boot...
I can post it, but it can't read my floppy, it just show a disk i/o error, I tryed lot of boot disks, but nothing worked...
What can be the problem? I'm trying to run it in a vapochill pe.
I'll be very glad if someone could help me...

My configuration is:
Epox 8rda+
2x corsair 3500 xms pt
abit sirulo ti4200 ots 8x
adaptec 19160
cheetah x15.3 36.7 gb
maxtor dm9 120gb
lite-on cd-rw 52x
mitsumi fdd
vapochill pe

if the floppy cable upside down ? If not try a new cable I had a problem like that before and it turned out the floppy cable had a small tear in it, looks like it got caught on something anyways took me forever to figure it out. Hope it helps.

I had a problem booting up as well, what I have to do with my board is put in my pc2700 ram boot up change the ram speed to 133 (because default always was 100, I even tried changing the jumpers but still deafult was 100).

SHutdown, put my ram in, then boot up. That's with my xms3200LL though

soul4real said:
I had a problem booting up as well, what I have to do with my board is put in my pc2700 ram boot up change the ram speed to 133 (because default always was 100, I even tried changing the jumpers but still deafult was 100).

SHutdown, put my ram in, then boot up. That's with my xms3200LL though

Change your memory timing from SPD. specific your memory timing for your xms3200LL to be 5-2-2-2.0 (the rated timing) and you should be able to boot at 133mhz

-----------------------------------------
konnyaro

what pci slots do you use? make sure it does not share irq with floppy disk controller and also ide controller. PCI slot 2 is evil

EluSiOn said:

Change your memory timing from SPD. specific your memory timing for your xms3200LL to be 5-2-2-2.0 (the rated timing) and you should be able to boot at 133mhz

-----------------------------------------
konnyaro

what pci slots do you use? make sure it does not share irq with floppy disk controller and also ide controller. PCI slot 2 is evil

Thanks for the advice, but I just read that its' a bug in the bios and that it can be fixed with a bios flash.

Back