• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just swapped a P4 mobo & CPU for AMD...do I need to format?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC Noob

I just swapped the A7N8X for my P4 and put a 2100+ Tbred B in it.

It boots at 100mhz FSB. but won't boot at stock 133 mhz. Even at 100 mhz it says the system disk is bad.

Would I need to reformat and get the new drivers on just to boot?

The Tbred A that was in it would do 200+ FSB.

This may just be me, but when ever you switch to a new motherboard that uses a different chipset (and a different cpu type), I would HIGHLY recommend a reload of windows.

All you really need to do is install the mobo's windows drivers. You won't have any major problems, but you will have performance issues if you don't.

I just tried 115 FSB @ 12.5/13 multi and it booted up as a 2300...no + on it either. Something is very strange here.

I switched out to the 1002a uber bios and that solved the problem.

Man these things are hard on the ram. My PC3500 C2 is either crapping out or the CPU is. I can get them higher seprately, but when I try to get them to their highest (or even a bit less) something craps out.

The CPU boots @ 195 FSB w/ mem in sync which is nice, but I want some bandwidth.

Is it the mem or just a picky motherboard?

ps the board will boot over 200 FSB, atleast with the 1700+ it did.

I guess I might have to unlock the darn chip. Someone told me the 1002a uber bios unlocked all multis. I should have made sure that was correct before installing everything:p

Last edited:
Back