• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soltek Nforce2 Board / Vid Card Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adelphia83

Having a problem on my Soltek board (Golden Flame) w/ Nforce 2 chipset. It was running for a day or so, then all the sudden the machine died, and wouldn't post.

I took out the Video card (Abit Siluro Ti4200 128mb 8X) and replaced it with an MX440 64mb. System booted right up and proceeded to run fine. Tried the Abit card in another system (Gigabyte ga7vxp Ultra), and it would not work there either.

So I go out and buy an Asylum 128mb Ti4200 8X, and this one only works intermittently.... Sometimes the machine will run great. System runs fine and dandy till I turn it off. But sometimes when I turn it back on, I get nothing from the vid card.

The confusing part is... if I replace the card with the 4X MX440, the system runs fine. Also runs fine with a PCI video card..

Anyone know what the culprit is? two bad Ti4200's? Motherboard AGP slot? Conflict?

any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

The system having trouble is a friend of mine's. I just put it together and been having these problems...

We tried replacing the Ti4200's with a Radeon 9500 Pro, and we still get the intermittent video problem. Sometimes the system will boot fine... Once booted it runs great.. However sometimes when turning the system off, it will not boot. If we mess around with the AGP card enough (plugging it in several times), we can get it to boot.

I even tried unplugging the hard drive, CDROM's and case fan, to minimize power consumption. Still the computer boots only sometimes, but 100% of the time with the PCI vid card installed.

I tried throwing the Abit Siluro Ti4200 into my system (Enermax 400W PSU on a Gigabyte 7VAXP Ultra [KT400]), and it wouldn't boot either. I have not tried the Asylum ti4200, but the 440MX works fine in mine.

I'm going to try using my power supply in his system to see if that is the problem. However since my video card (440MX) works in his system (it's only 4X), and the PCI card (GeForce 2), I'm thinking it may be the motherboard gone bad or not willing to function at 8X.

I already know the RAM is bad (Crucial Micron - Two 256mb Modules PC2700) because it wont post at anything but 133mhz for the RAM in both systems.

So we'll probably go ahead and send back the RAM, motherboard, and the dead Abit card to Newegg, and get returns...

But we're going to try the better power supply first. Wish me luck lol, this system has been a nightmare so far.

I hear some rumors that newegg actually does not actually get their boards from the authorized soltek usa .. that's why newegg's site isn't listed on the authorized reseller on soltekusa.com ... i hope you don't run into trouble trying to get the board replaced or somethin' like that .. hmph .. I wonder who started this rumor .. but if it's right, i guess all soltek boards bought thru newegg are not covered by soltek's warranty (but by newegg's ...)

nut581 said:
I hear some rumors that newegg actually does not actually get their boards from the authorized soltek usa .. that's why newegg's site isn't listed on the authorized reseller on soltekusa.com ... i hope you don't run into trouble trying to get the board replaced or somethin' like that .. hmph .. I wonder who started this rumor .. but if it's right, i guess all soltek boards bought thru newegg are not covered by soltek's warranty (but by newegg's ...)

Thats nice to hear sence I am sending mine back:(

Back