• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT4 Ultra max fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

godpickny_jm

Registered
Can anyone tell me there experience with this board. What your max fsb?
If I push over 185 XP gets shot (reinstall).
Crucial Ram pc2700 should do 200MHz and I think the best hard drive in the Seagate Barracud 4.
what gives?
The generic power supply....?
help

I am @ 168fsb, I can go higher but need case fans, - waiting 4 some to be delivered, then i'll go for more.
U might want a better psu for overclocking.

:D

185FSB is my limit too, anything over 185 makes my graphics go to 16 colours ans 640x480 and starts to corrupt the HDD.

So I run 180 to stay safe :)

The kt400 chipset doesn't have the 1/6 divider, so you are overclocking the pci and agp bus too. Some of your components might not be able to handle high bus speeds. At 166mhz, pci is at 33mhz. At 185mhz, pci is at 37mhz. At 200mhz, pci is at 40mhz.

poluga said:
The kt400 chipset doesn't have the 1/6 divider, so you are overclocking the pci and agp bus too. Some of your components might not be able to handle high bus speeds. At 166mhz, pci is at 33mhz. At 185mhz, pci is at 37mhz. At 200mhz, pci is at 40mhz.

I believe its just teh board that don't like over 37 PCI cos i've had all my current parts on several different mobo's before this and they were all quite happy to run 40Mhz PCI.... although everything you are saying is true, I just believe it to be the mobo that can't handle it this time :)

thanks guys for all the info but I think maybe my shipset is overheating with this crappy heatsink(no fan). I just slap on an oversized heatsink I stole from an old machine, a fan and some heatsink paste and hope for the best. I'll post my results later.

Back