• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yes! Yes!...No! NO! NO! (8rda+ trouble)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R.Rabbit

ok heres the storry, i've got a 8rda+ rev1.1, i unlocked my 1600+ i dropped it to 10 mult to see if i had successfully unlocked it, but it set to 9 mult(even though it says 10) so i figure what the heck same result who care so i start oc'n it and reach a top of 205fsb any more and its way to unstable, the i change the mem from 100% ratio to by speed(same thing i know) then all the sudden i get overclock failure messages at all mults accept 11 and up, but when i put set to fail safe defaults it sets the mult at 6.5, wtf is going on?! and how do i fix it!
please help! thanks:D:D

ok now i got the latest bios but, when i tried to boot into win2kpro it said my winnt kernal was corrupted, and it still didnt fix my problem!

back off the oc.I get the same message when i set memory to fast."Windows cannot load because winnnt/system32/ntkernel is missing or corrupt.repair windows and try to start windows again"
repair is unneccasary as setting ram back to optimal it boots fine.

i wasnt overclocking! i booted right after i flashed the bios, and got that screen, not just that now i cant oc worth crap! i just modded the crap out my board too, ive got heatsinks every where

You may have to reinstall windows. The 8rda+ is pretty notorious for having the memory corrupt the registry if you push it too far. I've had it happen twice untill I found the sweet spot.

Yep, most of the time it's either the RAM or CPU oc'd too high that can corrupt the registry, as well as the system partition. :eek:

If its still corrupt, boot using the WinXP CD, and select repair. Once you get to the repair consule, run chkdsk. This SHOULD fix the problem without reinstalling.. GL.. I had to do this 100 times till i got my sys running right.

FUNK

Back