• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this companies products legit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
RUN!!!! from this reseller. I have had minor issues with them and many have had worse problems. so RUN!

Thanks for posting that link. I was trying to find it. I was going to look them up too. :D

I have read multiple forums and seems the majority of people that have dealt with them have had bad experiences. This makes me very weary of OCS. Anyone have good luck with there products??

i ordered a case, epox 8rda+ and some ram from them and it all arrived nice and fast. I reall enjoyed buying from them and they worked well for me. I would not though buy OC items online. I prefrere to overclock myself so i dont know if it what they are saying is true or not.

i ordered from the last august. i bought about $1300 of components ranging from a gf4 ti4600 to a mobo combo that was overclockerd to 2.7 and the ddr333 to go with it. after two weeks of waiting and calling every day they still hadnt shipped my order, although they had billed my card the first day. on a friday i called up and demanded that my order be shipped that day or that they cancel it and refund my money. they agreed to ship it within the hour and call me back with a tracking number. 3 hours pass and i call them. there is another customer service person who says that my order has not been processed but that they will ship monday. i tell them to cancel my order immediatly, and they REFUSE! i was amazed and about 10 seconds of silence pass. i say "what?" and they try to negotiate with me, saying that they will not bill me for shipping and that it will go out on monday. i insist that the order be canceled, and they comply that time. i then call my card company and make sure they know that i am not paying for the charge from ocsystems. about a month and a half later and 30 phone calls later i get the bill removed. they never shipped the combo yet they tried to bill me for it and would not remove the bill without a lot of work on my part. dont order from them. avoid them like the plaque.

I ordered a 9700pro a week ago. It got here pretty quick and works good, but i didn't order one of their overclocked ones. Their service seems good to me.

There are plenty of reputable places why take the chance?
I have seen way to many bad experiences from these guys to even bother with them cheap prices or not.

briman1000 said:
There are plenty of reputable places why take the chance?
I have seen way to many bad experiences from these guys to even bother with them cheap prices or not.

ditto. $5 is not worth the headache

i bought a Ocsystem 420 watt dual fan power supply from them and the 3.3V was so low it made my board unstable. RMA'd it took for ever but its back and works but on a whole the PS sucks its voltages are allways a little low

I've heard such bad things about this place that if by some quirk of fate I got some of thier stuff free. I wouldn't even put it in my system for fear of what could happen to my quality parts.

Road Warrior

I have learned lately that, I would rather have great customer service and pay a little more, then to find the cheapest price out there, wait 2-3 weeks for shipping, only to have it be DOA, damaged, or incorrect and fight with them for the next few weeks.

the_poche said:
Is'nt this the same company that was going under the name of OCZ and scammed tons of people?
You got anything to back that up? Only reason i say that is because I would become highly suicidle knowing I contributed to OCZ.

Back