• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AT7-MAX2 and 200MHz fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BofA

I set 200mhz fsb and run several tests (Sandra, 3dMark, etc) for afout 6 hours, all works fine, but when I restart windows, it doesn't boot (is say that system files are corrupted). I reinstall it, set 200 fsb again, and there were no problems until I reboot.
So what should I do? Newer reboot my computer, don't use 200 fsb, or there are another variants?

I use onboard RAID with 2 IBM 120GXp. On my another computer I use these HDDs with Abit KX7-333R on 210MHz fsb without any problems, so I think these HDDs "support" 40MHz PCI.
And how to change PCI latencies?

I try 32,64,96,128 & 160. With 32,64&160 windows don't loar after reboot, with 96&128 windows loads but reports that system files are corrupted.

Do you have ENHANCE DRAM PERFORMANCE enabled in the BIOS? Disable it & see if it helps. I guess this corruption issue affects different users at different BUS speeds, some have hit higher than me without problems & some couldn't even get past 195MHz.

I DOUT ITS YOURE HARD DRIVES. WHAT KIND OF TIMINGS ARE YOU RUNNING ON YOURE RAM? TRY BUMPING THE V-DIMM ON THE RAM UP A NOTCH.

ALSO WHAT CPU ARE YOU RUNNING? IF BUMPING THE RAM VOLTAGE DOESN'T WORK GIVE THE CPU VOLTAGE A LITTLE BUMP UP. MOST OF THE TIME YOU WILL GET CORUPTION WHEN THE DATA TRANSFER ACURS FROM THE RAM TO THE CPU OR FROM THE CPU BACK TO THE HD. THIS IS EASILY FIXED BY ADDING A LITTLE VOLTAGE TO COMPANCATE FOR THE EXTRA PORFORMANCE OVER STOCK SPEEDS THAT IS BEING PUT ON THESE TWO COMPONANTS.

GOOD LUCK AND LET US KNOW HOW IT GOES!;)

When I set fsb to 200MHz all works perfectly! I got 3021mb/s in Sandra memory test, I leave UT2003 demo botmatch running all the night and when I wake up it was still runnung. All the problems appear only after restarting computer!!! Before restart all works fine and after restart I got errors and errors.

If confident its not your HDD then we can try some BIOS settings. Fill this up & lets take it from there;

SOFT MENU III

CPU OPERATING SPEED =

- CPU FSB CLOCK =
- RATIO =
- MULTIPLIER FACTOR =
- ENHANCE FOR BENCHMARK =

POWER SUPPLY

- CORE VOLTAGE =
- DDR VOLTAGE =
- CPU FAST COMMAND DECODE =

SPREAD SPECTRUM =
LINEAR SPREAD MO =
LINEAR SPREAD RA =

ADVANCED CHIPSET FEATURES | DRAM CLOCK/DRIVE

CURRENT FSB FREQUENCY =
CURRENT DRAM FREQUENCY =

DRAM CLOCK =
DRAM TIMING SELECT =

- CAS LATENCY TIMING =
- BANK INTERLEAVE =
- PRECHARGE TO ACTIVE (tRP) =
- ACTIVE TO PRECHARGE (tRAS) =
- ACTIVE TO CMD (tRCD)

DRAM BURST LENGTH =
DRAM QUEUE DEPTH =
DQS DRIVE STRENGTH =

DDR DQS INPUT DELAY =
- INPUT DELAY VALUE =

DDR DQS OUTPUT DELAY =
- OUTPUT DELAY VALUE =

MD DRIVE STRENGTH =
- DRIVE VALUE =

DIMM 1 - 4 CMD DRIVE =
- DIMM 1 & 2
- DIMM 3 & 4

DRAM ACCESS =
ENHANCE DRAM PERFORMANCE =
DRAM COMMAND RATE =
WRITE RECOVERY TIME =
DRAM tWTR =
DCLK OUTPUT DELAY =

Now I change my AT7-MAX2 to KX7-333R, and it works perfectly on 200MHz fsb! But the only difference in bios settings I found is VIO, 3,32V on AT7-MAX2 and 3,48V on KX7-333R. So, is it possible to change VIO on AT7-MAX2?

It's not possible to change the I/O voltage thru the BIOS. To be honest the I/O Voltage isn't really the answer to your FSB goal.

But why I don't have hdd corruption on KX7-333R with the same configuration (and HDDs)?

HDD coruption at random places?
This usually means the RAM had errors. Mobos work better with some ram than other... so that's why one mb works better for you.

Well for one trying to get to 200MHz/400FSB with a KT400 is really hard with it memory controller, this is actually a very well known problem. Some of us are just lucky to be able to run at or past 200MHz/400FSB.

Sonny said:
Well for one trying to get to 200MHz/400FSB with a KT400 is really hard with it memory controller, this is actually a very well known problem. Some of us are just lucky to be able to run at or past 200MHz/400FSB.

i had trouble hitting the 400mhz fsb at first with the stock bios i flashed the c5 and it stratened out alot of the bugs. also make sure you have some thermal past under the northbridge heatsinkfan the northbridge on the kt400 gets hot running 400mhz. and abit didn't take enough care to put anything between the chip and heatsink the air pocket traps heat!

Set Tras to 7

sanmem210_1T.jpg

Shad

Pla said:
Shad, how do you feel about the PCI beeing 42 MHz?
Any issues?

It never gave me any problems on the KT333 actually was good for benching. It was dicey for drive corruption on the KT400's

I've punted via for nvidia so I don't have to ghost before bench runs anymore. :D

Shad

nvidia has locked PCI clock...
What frequency would you run on kt400 for every day use?
I use 170 and think that up to 180 (PCI 36) should be fine for 24/7.

Back