• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help! 8rda+ problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

momo48

Just got the board today and had the system setup. Upon boot up, it recognized the cpu as 100*13. I went into bios by hitting the del key but took along time to get into bios. Put default settings and restarted but still slow. The detecting ide part of boot takes like 5 minutes! I had the settings to boot to cdrom which it did but would take another 5 minutes to do that then just a blinking underscore and no action after that. I flashed the newest bios but same thing. I pass boot but that's it. Anyone have this problem? Could it be something other than the board?

here's the rig:

Chieftech case w/450w power supply(came with case)
Epox 8rda+ w/ XP 2100+ AUIHB 0304 sk7/smartfan2
WD 80gb w/8mb cache
2 256mb pc2700 (generic)
Sapphire radeon 9500
lite on 52x cdrw

ok....

I figured it out...kinda. I had the primary master ide as wd hdd and ide 2 master as the cdrom. Looks like the cable might be bad. I took a round cable unused and put the hdd and cdrom on the primary ide(hdd as master and cdrom as slave) and everything was working great. Now I haven't ruled out the Secondary ide(ide 2) as the problem yet. I don't have another drive to test it out or another cable. Will pick up another cable tommorrow and find and old drive. I expected no replies since this doesn't happen that often. Silly me...

The new rig:

Chieftech case w/450w power supply(came with case)
Epox 8rda+ w/ XP 2100+ AUIHB 0304 sk7/smartfan2 no oc yet, waiting for twinmos.
WD 80gb w/8mb cache
2 256mb pc2700 (generic)
Sapphire radeon 9500
lite on 52x cdrw

Hi Momo48,

I too just got my board in and have been experiencing the same probs....as yet I havent had a chance to look under the bonnet but am pleased to here you got yours sorted..

Please keep me posted as I am a first time user with EPOX

Back