• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I hit 195fsb with my old Sammy PC2700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlkyHauler

Registered
:) I was pretty happy with that, considering its $40 RAM now. :eek: I did have to relax the timings a notch to 7-3-3-2.5 but for cheap ram I'm damn impressed. 8RDA+ is very nice.

Alkyhauler, you should be able to do more than that.
I have a 1700+xp with pc2700 sammy and seem very stable at 11 x 190 on air cooling @ 1.7v
this ram is unbelievable for $78 = 512mb

I haven't started up on the CPU yet. I just wanted to get the FSB stable first. Idle temp right now is 40c so I am definitely looking to get more out of it. I just installed the 8RDA+ this weekend and I had to get everything else sorted out before I started OC'ing.

You have more headroom with the ram I think. With my stick of Samsung 2700 im at 212 fsb with **** timings though, but I'm in no position to complain :)

i can hit 202with mine anything over that vid card starts seeing double. running 2.5-3-6-3-1cmd. bet i could hit 210 or better but mobo doesn't have locked pci and agp.

Are you guys running ramsinks? At cas2 I can't do much more than 166mhz (and for while, for some reason, couldn't even do that) and forget about 180. At 180 I had to do 2.5 3/6/3. Either bus setting, I have to disable 1t command, and have the 'speed setting' (what the heck is that, anyway? the refresh command?) set to 'normal.' I've tried voltage increases, didn't help.

512mb samsung pc2700.

no heatsinks, 2 x 256Mb Samsung PC2700
did some sort of DOS memory test (don't remember the name) @ 213Mhz for 24h. didn't crash
CL2.5, 2.6v, 3-3-5 1T

AlkyHauler said:
:) I was pretty happy with that, considering its $40 RAM now. :eek: I did have to relax the timings a notch to 7-3-3-2.5 but for cheap ram I'm damn impressed. 8RDA+ is very nice.

The sammy 2700 is oc'able to 200+- cas 2.5 (many reported).

Just curious, do you run 1 module, 2 modules, single channel or dual channel.

Back