• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Motherboard PCB color?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JPS

Me - I wanna see someone make a WHITE PCB w/ blue stenciling and black PCI/DDR slots or black stencil and blue slots!

C'mon ABIT and EPOX - do something different! :D

How about orange PCB .... or fushia, even cyan! Though Solteks yellow looks pretty cool.

Their yellow would be good IF it was yellow and not gold-flecked - that looks too pimpish IMHO.

Field Orange, White or bright yellow get my votes!

I want something with an NF2 chipset (or better) that just looks 'different'.

Imagine an all black case with a white mobo PCB under blacklighting. That would look schweet.

I really think white is the next great color for PCBs - someone has got to try it, but only if the rest of the board is kick ***!

Out of curiosity, why are most PCBs green anyways?

I did read once a DIY article on painting the mobo with UV rattle can paints. So I guess you could ... carefully ... paint the motherboard any color you wanted. White, orange and yellow combo's would make a great conversation piece at a lan party.

JPS - do those soltek boards have a matalic-paint finish? I had pictured a solid yellow. Yeah ... if they're matalic, they would look pimpish.

How about solid black, or another dark color with UV reactant traces, maybe red, blue, yellow, orange uv traces hehe.
That'd look pretty pimp imo :D

Hmm... I would have to say white! That would look ace! everything else in black or UV reactive. That would be good :)

Hmm pink. would be interesting, the pastel pink anyway, hot pink is to bright looking.

Dont know if you've thought of this but, you can paint the board on your own, theres paint that is non conductive, just tape off things like connectors, memory, socket. ect, and spray paint it.

I'm actually in the process of tracing out the leads my motherboard, video card, and modem with a uv reactive marker-pen. When i'm done i'm going to use my model paint brushes and black paint to fill in the areas between the leads

yea I have, but I'm not "artsy" enough to trace the traces...my lines would be all over the place, plus with my luck I'd fry the board lol :D Maybe when I go for an NF2 board I'll experiment on this one hehe

JPS said:
Me - I wanna see someone make a WHITE PCB w/ blue stenciling and black PCI/DDR slots or black stencil and blue slots!

C'mon ABIT and EPOX - do something different! :D

Soltek make boards called the Silver Glacier, they are white with like a silver coating (looks more white tho), I used to own a P4 one with the VIA P4X400 chipset...

85erv.jpg

<-- thats the one I had, they also make KT333 and Kt400 boards in purple, and nforce2 in gold/yellow :)

Albatron make Silver boards too.

Back