• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

These are the MotherBoards I am considering:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CreePinG_DeatH

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
Epox EP-8K9A or EP-8RDA
Gigabyte GA-7VAXP Ultra

I looked at the ABIT KD7S but realized I don't need all the easily accessible overclocking features. This board is going into a family PC...

So what would everyone pick for a board?

there are much cheaper alternatives if overclocking/ newest features aren't very important

the only board you listed that has sata is the A7N8X Deluxe i think, to really utilize pc3200 ram, you need an nforce2 board, i had an A7N8X-DLX but it died, but i'm really happy with my 8RDA+ now

Cube said:
The MSI K7N2G or K7N2 are good options too. They were reviewed/compared over at [H]ard|OCP and seem to be really nice boards.

Wow those are nice boards. My question is this... If a board comes with a variable FSB setting, by this I mean the FSB is stated as like 33/66/133 in the system specs, do I have to adjust the fsb in order to get the highest recommended speed? Does it automatically come at 133 or must it be adjusted?

CreePinG_DeatH said:

Wow those are nice boards. My question is this... If a board comes with a variable FSB setting, by this I mean the FSB is stated as like 33/66/133 in the system specs, do I have to adjust the fsb in order to get the highest recommended speed? Does it automatically come at 133 or must it be adjusted?

I don't know :(. If I had either board, I'd be able to tell ya an exact answer. But you'll most likely have to set the FSB yourself to get the best performance. You'd want to do that anyway so you can better explore the overclocking abilities of the computer.

Last edited:
That's the problem. I am not going to overclock it. I just want to know if the max speed in the system specs, eg. 133mhz, are the system default? This objective of building a new PC is becoming more tedious than i though.

Back