• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can the at7-max2 run barton ( y/n)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
okay forgive me ive been a little out of the loop starting my new job and all

can the

at7-max2

support the new amd cpus with the barton core?

i know it will probably reqire bios flashs but other than that would it need anything else ?

thanks for your help

Yes it can according to THIS;)

CPUSupport.gif

are you sure

from what i see ( i may be reading this wrong) but it looks like the at7 can only handel up to a 2600 266fsb

You originally asked for the AT7 - MAX2, a KT400, which in the chart shows that if you have the AT72_C5 BIOS there is support for the T2B XP 2600+ 333FSB up to the Barton 3000+ 333FSB.

The AT7 |MAX which is a KT333 does not officially support any of the 333FSB chips with the current AT7_AN BIOS revision.

forgive me i am weak
i also can not read or write

have pitty on me

it was late i read the first at7 i saw and gave up hope
typical me

so to recap the max2 will

the max will not

thanks for your help

crash893 said:
forgive me i am weak
i also can not read or write

have pitty on me

it was late i read the first at7 i saw and gave up hope
typical me

so to recap the max2 will

the max will not

thanks for your help
AWE GOLLY! THAT'S JUST A BUNCH OF STINKY POOPY!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

why can't they do a bios flash for the AT7 as well???
:(

is it becaust the AT7 mobo itself doesn't have the right electronic jazz to run a 333fsb barton correctly or something??
*bummer*
:(

crash893 - Hey man I know what it feels like to be tired, have a few :beer: for a good nights sleep.

Jerky - Right now I am with the impression that it's just going to take more of an effort for ABIT KT333 users. Maybe blow a bridge or two to get a default 266FSB then manually set it to 333FSB in the BIOS. You guys have the 5:2:1 ratio so I can't see why it can't work asides from ABIT trying to milk you for more money.

isnt there a 400fsb barton coming out soon??

Yeah there is, sometime May I think but I'm not sure. If you plan on the Bartons that can actually use the added bus speeds as compared to the Palomino, ThoroughBred A & B you don't have a logical choice for chipset in any camp so far. Rule out the KT400 since gettng to 200MHz/400FSB takes a bit of work.

since were talking about this board

sonny or whoever else knows

what speed ddr ram would you recomend for this

and what is the diffrence between registered and unregistered?

assuming i threw a 2500 barton in there

Sonny said:
crash893 - Hey man I know what it feels like to be tired, have a few :beer: for a good nights sleep.

Jerky - Right now I am with the impression that it's just going to take more of an effort for ABIT KT333 users. Maybe blow a bridge or two to get a default 266FSB then manually set it to 333FSB in the BIOS. You guys have the 5:2:1 ratio so I can't see why it can't work asides from ABIT trying to milk you for more money.
do you mean that i would have to do a little bit of soldering on my board (not a problem)... a voltage mod or something? or are you just saying for me to go in and set the bios correctly to a 166 mhz fsb, and the devider etc... to run a 333 fsb barton?

i'm a little confused.

For the ABIT KT400 series I would suggest the fastest ram with the most agressive timings. They are very sensitive to memory quality. I had some Kingmax DDR333 first release with the 5ns Tiny BGA modules that would run 185MHz on an Epox KT333 with the fastest timings but would only do 157MHz on my KT400. Now I run XMS3500C2PT which can run faster than what the board can do.

Jerky - If your lucky all you have to do is set the BIOS correctly. To get it to boot if doesn't want to start up you will have to reconfigure the bridges so it is recognized as a 266FSB then set the BIOS for 333FSB.

well this is going to be my production rig so no overclocking till its knocked down the scale to my play rig

Back