• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7VAXP Ultra -- Problems rebooting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adelphia83

Okay I've got the current setup:

GA-7VAXP Ultra
AIUGA 1700+ (Revision A)
256mb PC2700 Samsung

I'm able to overclock my CPU up to 1.8ghz at 180x10, with ram at 180mhz (360ddr).

When I turn the computer on, the system boots, and is rock solid stable (running Prime95 for 24+ hours). However, if I reboot the system from windows, or use the reset button, the system will not boot.

The only way I can get the system to boot is to completely shut down the system and turn it back on.

The funny thing is.... when the CPU is at slightly overclocked settings and below (such as 1600mhz or below, stock speed is 1.47ghz for the 1700+) the system will reboot just fine under any circumstances.

It will boot at 1.8ghz, but will not reset or restart without turning the power completely off...

Anyone know what the problem is-- or have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated-- TIA! :)

I had the same problem recently with my JIUHB 1700. It'll do a soft-reboot at a 14x multiplier, but when I switch to 15x, it's a no-go. Takes a hard-boot to jump start her. I think it has to do with the voltage drop on the processor. I raised my CPU V to 1.72, and it'll doa soft reboot now.

Back