• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X (non Deluxe) temp problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

akajimmy

Registered
I just got this board. I threw in my Tbred which I had in my KT400 and it ran great at 166. The temp was about 37 and 42 under full load. I had the voltage at 1.7. Now in A7N8X, you can add about 5 degrees to each of those. And when I check it in the BIOS, it says it is 70.:eek: . I know it can't be true. after running very happily in my msikt400. What the heck is going on?

I don't know if it's "true" or not. But i had the same problem when i got my board. Bios said it was burning up 70-80c. MBM also said it was running in the mid 50's.

I Figured there was just something wrong with the sensors. I also, reset the HS a few times. Wasn't my first rodeo... It couldn't possible run that hot and not burn up,right?

Well, after i installed Water Cooling, now it reads my temps in the 30's. I Guess it WAS correct after all. Something to think about i suppose..

i reset the heatsink twice and it still comes out the same. I cant belive it is burning up, after running so cool in my MSIKT400.

I couldn't beleive mine was that hot neither on air.

But kinda strange that after i went to water, the temps went down to where they should have been, in the low 30's.

akajimmy,

When I put my components together last week, my temps in BOIS we reported like yours. I too have a A7N8X (non-deluxe) with a XP 2100+ Tbred (AIUHB 0301) and air cool with a SK-7 and a SmartFan II. I installed the heatsink after putting a shim on the cpu to protect it.
It seems the shim prevented the SK-7 from making proper contact with the cpu. After removing the shim and reseating the SK-7 and getting a good contact (check it twice, see that nice thin layer of AS III) my numbers are down to 40C/46C (idle/load) in BIOS and on the Asus PC Probe I get 30C/38C (idle/load). That is OCing the system right now to 11x cpu freq. mulyiplier, and 200 cpu ext. freq.

Good luck

Dont forget the A7N8X overvolts default with a 1.85 voltage you usually are running at 1.92 I have had a few MSI boards also the KT 333 Ultra and KT400 Ultra, and there voltages were right on, to slightly lower. If the spread is the same from the overvolt that asus does your probably running at 1.775 with setting of of 1.7 in bios. Unconfirmed though, but if correct that would explain your raised temps of approx. 5c

Thanks for the advice. I will try and reseat the heatsink and lower my voltage. And cross my fingers:D

probs here to, but unbelievably cool tho ! 30c idle with a Volcano2 ! low/mid 20's full load with my Swiftech. sounds suspect to me !!! so.. is it the software or the probes them selves ? hmmm

Back