• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing Crucial PC2700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Captain Hilts

I've got a 256MB stick of Crucial PC2700 that I've been running for a while at the most aggressive timings with 2.85v. I have not run into any problems with these timings before, and it can prime all night and day like this.

I installed Medal of Honor and all of the sudden the system is unstable and crashes after a couple of minutes. I tried increasing the the dram voltage and that didn't help. Then I tried decreasing the timings one by one until it got stable. To my surprise, I had to reduce all the memory timings back to default in order to get the game to be stable!

Can anyone tell me why MOHAA is so much harder on the memory than everything else? Like I said, I can prime at the aggressive timings, and also 3dmark and run UT2003 no problem. It kind of sucks that I have to decrease the timings all the way back to default just for one application.

is moh demanding on ram? i've heard of the game, but am not very familiar with it.

The aggressive timings do improve bandwidth and benchmarks for me though.

I'm not sure how memory intensive this game is, it seems odd to me that it would crash only on this game and for nothing else.

I'm not sure. It's not just prime though, it seems to be able to pass everything except for MOHAA. Perhaps there is something wrong with the game itself.

Back