• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-7VAXP slow?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HaTE

i just got a GA-7VAXP rev 1.2 and an athlon XP 1700+ and when i start the computer up the keyboard is really slow to respond when i try to do stuff, like when entering the bois, it takes like 30sec after hitting DEL, its also slow loading the drives, is this normal?

Make sure all your components and plugs are seated properly and it might be worth trying out another IDE cable. If all are OK it could be as Cmnore said so test your ram with Memtest or similar.
Another thing could be to take out any hardware you have and just try with the bare essentials (DDR,CPU,AGP and HDD) it could be hardware incompatibility.
Hood

i've checked and made sure all the cables where plugged in right and in all the way, i pulled out the hard drive that was in there and put one in from another one of my computers and i still get a really slow boot up and then a disk fail error, the only times its fast is when in the bois:\ would bad ram cause that to happen? because i dont want to have to return the ram if its not bad

Yeah that's real slow. I have to start hitting the DEL key as soon as I hear the beep, because if I wait for my monitor to come on, the bios screen is already long gone.

You might try going to Gigabyte and doing a bios flash, or you can also use the bios application included with your software pack. It seems to work really well. You'll wanna do that anyway, even if it doesn't fix your problems.

ok i changed out the IDE cable for one from my other comp, but its still slow at finding the drives, i also get an error that the new cable isn't a 80pin cable, when i tried it in the IDE2 slot, its slow at finding the drive and i get the cable error, but after it found the drive it jumped to another screen and flashed a blue screen with some words or something(it was to fast to read anything) then reset, found the drives agine, then went to a screen saying windows had been shut down wrong and asked if i wanted to boot up in to safe mode or normal, and i picked normal and then it flashed that blue screen agine and reset:(

yes i played around with the ram, i even today went down to the computer store and exchanged it for new ram and i still get the very slow bootup then errors, should i RMA the mobo? because it looks like thats it, because on IDE1 i get disk fail, on IDE2 i get it saying windows wasn't shutdown right and then it just restarts and dose it over and over:(

Gosh, I'm at a loss. I'd probably make sure the BIOS is F11, and reinstall Windows to see what happens. Something elase just occured to me:What is your PSU rated at? What does the BIOS say your +5 and +12 volt rails are at? Try another PSU?

yes i did change the IDE cables, read my post thats 5 posts up from this one for what it did

Back