• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I bought an msi k7n2G-iLsr

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

I was wonderen if this was a smart purchase...
1)I think I am going to have to return the k7n2G-iLsr due to the fact that I am usen the integrated grpahcis and I am having tons of trouble...I think the trouble is due to a faulty board....I get graohical glitches all over and if I try and run unreal 2003 it freezes my computer or takes forver to get to the load screen then blue screens....I try it on safe mode then I get tons of graphical glitches...I think this is a fauly board mainly due to the fact that I notced these graphical glitches on windows install..
2) I am gunna take my mobo bake to fry's but I was wonderen if I should keep this one or opt to take it back and get the k7n2-L for 99$ and buy maybe a radeon 9000pro or somehthen....
3)is there a diff other then integrated graphics and raid in the boards????

what do you guys think get another one and try it out or opt for the graphics card?

i dont know your mobo but could you desable the on board graphics and get a card to see if that world work maybe get a card from sumeone you know try it that way befor you take it back

yeah......I think thats what I am gunna do......then if that is the problem I will debate whether or not to get the k7n2-L without integrated graphics and buy gfororce or ati non integrated 8x graphics card.....

treepop said:
yeah......I think thats what I am gunna do......then if that is the problem I will debate whether or not to get the k7n2-L without integrated graphics and buy gfororce or ati non integrated 8x graphics card.....

You don't really ever want to use onboard graphics, since they are usually outdated chips and there are lots of better options.

GF4 Ti4200s are excellent for a low price. Or go all out and get an ATI Radeon 9700.

In defense of the K7N2G's integrated graphics, the MX440 class core does just as good a job as it's AGP counterpart. You haven't mentioned any other specs about yer system, so I don't know what the problem could be. Just don't be so quick to blame the graphics adapter.

You may want to check and see where your frame buffer and AGP buffer settings are at in the BIOS. You want to match them if they aren't already. That helped with mine. Especially if the AGP buffer size is set smaller than the frame buffer size.

Hope this helps.

are you talking about the agp apature size and the one below it....hmmmm I am gunna try that.....so I should match em...or make the apature size larger?

i'd return it and get the k7n2-L and the 9000pro, that's lookin like a sweet combo. i'll be pickin up a k7n2-L in a week or two, sooner, but the gov't's real slow with cheques when you actually work for em

o nice..I ended up getten a gforce4 440mx....I know "the mx sucks" but I think I got a great deal 69.99$ for a 64 meg ddr board..I think it is gunna be a great board for at least another year...it's preaty much the the k7n2G-iLsr with better graphics worse sound no raid and firewire..I have mediocore at best speakers and I don't have 2 drives nor do I use any firewire devices..but I do game...and for the same price I get a better heatsink and fan and better graphics..a no brainer for me :)

Back