• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just how correct is this Asus Probe on A7n8x?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

so_hip_it_hurts

Registered
This thing says that my CPU temps are 36 C/96 F and mobo temps are 33C/91F. That's nice and all, but when I reboot and go into bios, it says that my cpu temp is in the 150 range. That is not good. I can't even figure out the stupid motherboard monitor 5. All of it's readings just say 32 C. I'm running standard voltage with a 2600+. I have a Dragon Orb 3 HSF Antec 400W psu. I've not attempted overclocking yet, I need stable and reliable temps. Any ideas? Thanks!

OK, I just got mobo monitor working....I think. Asus 2 (CPU, correct?) is reporting 36 C and Asus 1 (Mobo?) is reporting 33 C. Asus Probe is reporting almost the exact same temps, give or take one degree. When I rebooted in the BIOS the mobo temp was 33 C, but the CPU temp was 56 C. What do you pros think?

Last edited:
i'm wondering the same thing ! my bios and the asus prob are saying 26-27c cpu temp. seems kinda low ! just how accurate is this report ? i have a killer sink/fan combo. but is it that good ??? comments from a7n owners Please ... :)

I have found that sensor three using MBM 5.2.2.8 accurately reads the same temp as the bios. My settings are as follows:
sensor 1 (case sensor) to Asus sensor 1
sensor 2 (socket) to Asus sensor 2
sensor 3 (diode) to W83L785TS-S Diode.
I dont have the equipment to go in and actually measure what the temps are but if there within 1 to 2*C its close enough for me. I found those settings here http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

a friend of mine has one of those boards. it constantly says the cpu temp is 12c in the bios and asus prob says 40 - 42c. im sure as hell that the readings are incorrect - hes using practically a standard amd 'sink on an xp2100 @2.2ghz. No way on earth is that idling at 42c

I had this same problem until I flashed my bios to 1002. My temps are normally in the mid to high 30's (celsius) while gaming.

My specs:
a7n8x dlx
XP1700 tbred B (166x10)
Volcano 7+
Samsung 512mb PC2700
Antec Lanboy 350pwr supply w/2 case fans

Last edited:
i just ran mine at 11x166 and it never went above 33c full load. with this stupid volcano2. thought i would try to see diff between it and my swiftech :) seems awfull cool to me. and i am running 1002 bios aswell

I have a thermal probe from www.frozencpu.com and I have it set as close as possible to the core (top of the proc). It runs at 33c and mbm says 35 when set to "ASUS 2" but when set to "ASUS 2 CUSL2" it says 54c..... so I just use the "ASUS 2" it looks closer...

It seems that everyone is getting the same thing. My temps seem to run pretty close to many of you normally in the mid 30 reange and high 30 when gaming. But MBM doesnt seem to be measuring accurately.
Plus if I restart and go to the BIOS screen to see the input from the BIOS its usually in the 20s. Weird stuff hope someone has a good answer for us.

Does anybody know the corresponding fan header w/the one for MBM?

I tried MOBO monitor 5. IT was reporting crazy temps too. I saw 70, 80 and I saw 100 once too:eek: What's the deal?:eh?:

I reinstalled Mobo Monitor 5 and now its eems a little better. Which temperature sensor should I use. I get varying temps from 32-47 with Asus 2 and Asus CUSL2?

My temps are as follows:
21 sensor 1 (case sensor) to Asus sensor 1
32 sensor 2 (socket) to Asus sensor 2
47 sensor 3 (diode) to W83L785TS-S Diode.
This is not overclocked.

What is the sensor 3 (diode) to W83L785TS-S Diode.

What should the range for number 2 and 3 be?

akajimmy said:
I tried MOBO monitor 5. IT was reporting crazy temps too. I saw 70, 80 and I saw 100 once too:eek: What's the deal?:eh?:

Mine's doing the same jimmy. I agree I hope someone hear can help us all out.

OOzinEvil said:
I have found that sensor three using MBM 5.2.2.8 accurately reads the same temp as the bios. My settings are as follows:
sensor 1 (case sensor) to Asus sensor 1
sensor 2 (socket) to Asus sensor 2
sensor 3 (diode) to W83L785TS-S Diode.
I dont have the equipment to go in and actually measure what the temps are but if there within 1 to 2*C its close enough for me. I found those settings here http://mbm.livewiredev.com/
how do you switch sensor's ? ive looked and looked ! cant figure it out .. :rolleyes:

1.Go to the Temperature page.

2.Choose which "MBM 5 sensor" you would like to use then select the "Should display board sensor" and "Asus *".

3.You can then click visual and choose how and where you want the sensor should be displayed. Make sure to click "Display temperature in Dashboard screen" and then APPLY.

If you get lost just go to the help file shouldve been installed in the same directory as the MBM.

I would trust the bios temp before any of the windows ones.

Mine in bios used to run hot like 60-70c, when i was on air. I thought that surely it was broken or something. MBM always had it in the 50's.

When i went to water cooling, the bios started to read in the lower 30's where it should be. I dont know what MBM reads now, I got rid of windows.

You guys that have hot readings in the bios. Do ya crash very often?

Back