• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

settings to work later

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nunez1980

ok, guys, hi all,

I have this issue with the 8rda, I can run it @12x208 and it works fine, but after a shut-down, later on when I try to start the system it hangs, the only way I could fix it is by holding down insert getting inside the bios and changing to something lower like 11*208 and boots fine and then I go inside the bios again and select 12*208 and it boots fine and works, but later the same thing happends, any ideas, ussually when it hangs it tells me the rom reading is wrong and wants me to insert a floopy disk:(

any help will be a preciated,

mobo with latest bios
amd 2400+
r9700 pro
audigy 1 gamer
wd 80g
nic ethernet card
psu sparkle 400w mod, load 3.50v, 5.30v, 12.70v
winbond pc3200

tnx

This is the cold boot issue and this problem troubles many OCers using NForce2 chipset (also dead bios chip is another one). I am also having this problem as well. It is one the of unique characteristic of Nforce2 chipset that it sets CPU frequency/SPD bus before it ups the voltage on cold boot. So it will try to run 12x208 for a short time using just 1.65vcore.

yeah, really really annoying. because it gives me a C1 error i thought it was my ram to blame, but after flashing back to bios 3117 it seems to be gone now. hopefully it stays like this.

ah i've had this problem too. i suppose a fix would be to hard code voltage adjustments onto the cpu itself... i think you would be limited to 1.85.... but most processors even with huge overclocks can at least work with 1.85 for a milisecond or whatever it is. cutting bridges and stuff would suck though. wouldnt be worth the effort...since all you have to do is restart and change settings after a cold boot.

hmm.... remember that 5 second processor unlocking thing at vr-zone or whatever where they conductive painted two pins on the back of the motherboard to unlock their CPU? i assume you can change voltage with that type of method too. i wonder who would know which pins would need connecting..

Whenever I turn off my computer... it takes extra 30 second to boot it.

I would start the computer using the watch dog feature [holding the insert key] sets the cpu frequency to 2000mhz (2400+ default) at 1.95v and let it post. Then go into bios and set it to 222mhz x 11.5. Yes it is very annoying.

yeah, very annoying, and also the usb doesn't work at load, thank god I had some usb to regular keyboard connect:eek:

Back