• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got 2 A7N8X Deluxe boards.....My resaults...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Erland

Registered
I just bought 2 of the A7N8X Deluxe motherboards (1 for me and 1 for my brother) before they came I went to wal-mart and bought 2 batteries both of them run @ 3.295. I downloaded the 1002 and the 1002UBERs BIOS (the UBERs for me he don't need it) I also downloaded the newest drivers the 1.16 version. Here is the specs for each..

--==Brothers==--
A7N8X Deluxe
Athon XP 1600+ w/CompUSA HSF 19.99 Special
2 x 256mb Crutial PC 2100
Gainward Geforce 4 Ti 4200 w/128mb
Soundblaster Live
30gb WD Harddrive 5400 rpms
Creative Labs 56x CD-ROM
Samsung 16x CD-RW
16 Hi ? DVD-Rom
6 in 1 USB Memory Card Reader
Temps Idle 34c Load 37.5c / System 25c

--==Mine==--
A7N8X Deluxe (Northbridge HSF replaced with a Vantec Iceburq before Install)
Athlon T-Bred B 1700+ w/Silverado w/Noise Control (SLK-800 on the way)
2 x 256mb Kingston Hyper X PC3000 CAS 2
ASUS Geforce 3 TI 200 Deluxe w/64mb
Creative Labs 56x CD-Rom
40gb Maxtor 7200 rpms (2 x 10gb, 1 x 20g Partitions)(1 x 10gb = 98se, 1 x 10gb = XP Corp, 1 x 20gb = Storage)
PCI TNT 2 VGA for Dual Moniter
PCI SIIG ATA133
-----2 x 100gb Maxtor 5400 rpms
-----Sony 16x CD-RW
PCI SOYO 10/100 NIC (Just realized I put it back in....It will be removed in a minute)
And a Thermal Probe mounted next to the core on the top.
Temps...
CPU 32.5 Idle | Load 36

--==Brothers Install==--
After I installed the board into the case I sat back and looked over the board with the manual. Replaced battery Old battery on both boards ran @ 3.0. Disabled SATA Hooked up front panel installed hardware...Nothing different from anything else....Grabbed disk with newest BIOS and awdflash.exe on it.(awdflash.exe just incase)
Turned on comp looked in BIOS @ Temps and they seemed fine @ 38c rebooted.....ALT + F2 and I could not type in the name of the new BIOS.....rebooted.....booted from 98se startup disk and typed in "awdflash.exe 1002.bin" saved old BIOS to disk and continued.....it came up with finished hit something to reboot and it would not reboot. Hit reset on the comp and it booted fine...
went into BIOS and set everything up. Nothing fancy just Aggresive settings and stupid stuff. rasied FSB to 140 and let it go.

Put in WINXP CD and booted from CD. Chose to install it came up saying there is already a version on the harddrive so I chose a repair...it went through the repair and I booted into windows and installed all drivers. ren prime95 along side of SiSoft Sandra (sandra burnin running @ 50%) for 3 days strait no problems. Can run both 3dMarks 2001 and 2003 no problems. board is rock solid.....

only 1 problem......some program is accessing the floppy drive everytime you click a link... can't figure out which program it is...

--==Mine==--

install went the same except when changing the NB HSF had to turn on the board and go into the BIOS for a few minutes then turned off the computer and the HSF popped right off (twisted it to the left without the pins pushed in)....cleaned NB and installed the new one and now it doesn't even get warm...

changed battery...
flashed 2 1002UBERs BIOS using 98se boot disk....flash wouldn't reboot had to reset.
changed NB HSF
repaired windows XP
installed drivers....
updated XP
raised FSB to 165

rock solid no problem at all.....none what so ever with prime95, and sandra running for 3 days...93 whole days without my e-mail....my temps never breached 38c

I love this board....it's so easy to use other that the minor problems...but what board don't have minor problems...?

And that's my 2 cent.

--==Friends==--
I have another friend with the same board and he waited until he was in the BIOS saving the settings to strech out and hit the switch on the power strip.....his board is dead.....but he didn't like it to begin with....so oh well...he shouldn't have left the power strip with in reach of his stubby little legs...and his One eye....(hey he jokes me becasue i'm fat....so I joke his one eye)....

You mean there are 52 views and not even 1 congrats for getting it up and running.....at least just for getting it running or **** boo me something....just reply so I stop going crazy.....

Thank You and Have A Nice Day.....

Last edited:
theres been a lot of posts concerning boot probs with the a7, lotta boards shipped with junk batteries. glad to hear the install went so well er, mine went smooth as silk, 1002 flash went textbook, finally went to xp from 98se(bout time!!) and am very happy with new combo. vassa coolin on the list SOON!!!

Im a bit bitter as my A7N8X crapped out and I am having to RMA it. But glad to see yours went well. Hopefully mine was just a fluke and I still think it's the best mobo on the market.

I finally got my second a7n8x dlx from googlegear. Got my jiuhb 1700xp up to 169x12 (1.8v) stable. I initially had a problem with me ram, but thanks to the morons at fry's, I was able to take my stick in and swap it with a new one (same type). That allowed me to run my memory at 6-2-2-2 with cpu interface set to aggressive. 3dmark01 = 13500 so far. Temps hover around 38-40 at full load. I am currently getting JIGGY.

I was able to boot with my ram set at 120% of cpu (200MHz), but I didn't test it. When I tried to set my cpu at 200x10, the memory settings (when set to spd) went to 9-4-4-3. I tried booting that at 6-3-3-3, but to no avail. I want corsair.

Grimace

wtg, im definitely happy with my a7n8x dlx, its the best board ive run into so far, next on my list is the FIC au11. I hoping to get better overclocking out of it, but the asus will remain my main board just cuz of all the extra features.

Back