• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

On board Audio/Video?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CreePinG_DeatH

If a motherboard has these options, does it mean there is no necessity to get them ? I am just unclear as to what it means. Please someone clarify.

It just means that it has onboard video and/or Audio. IMO onboard video sucks. As for onboard audio it just depends on the board and how much of an audiofile you are.

I have the k7n2G-iLsr with an integrated 5.1 dolb y surround and an integrated gforce 4 440mx and I LOVE the audio but as for the video....well as in my other posts it isn't worken to great...but I am not sure if it is due to the board itself...

CreePinG_DeatH said:
If a motherboard has these options, does it mean there is no necessity to get them ? I am just unclear as to what it means. Please someone clarify.

When it says onboard video optional, I'm pretty sure it's referring to the fact that there's a model with the same features/layout only with integrated video. For example the Abit NF7-S which doesn't have integrated video vs. the Abit NF7-M which does. I don't think you can check an option while ordering and they'll throw it on there. I think this answers your question?

It answers it perfectly thank you. I just searched for motherbaords that have the NForce2 SSP northbridge chipset as opposed to the IGP chipset... Someone said that the IGP means the board has onboard video....

Back