• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone here have problems with intgrated video

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

it seems that either my k7n2G-iLsr integrated video is well not worken....it glitches even on windows install.....:mad: I am probably gunna swap it out....but my question is....have any of you experienced any of the same graphical artifacts I think is what they are called...with integrated video

I built a Shuttle SN42G2 SFF which has the nForce 2 IGP like your MSI. I was also having problems with the integrated video. Anything using Direct3D or OpenGL would cause a bunch of nasty graphical glitches and eventully would cause the mobo to reset. I called shuttle tech support and they said that the IGP didn't like certain ram chips. I swapped out the cheap PC2700 that I had purchased from mwave for a gig of mushkin 2700 cl 2 and that solved the problem. I see in your sig that you're using mushkin but i don't know if muskin always uses chips from the same people. So you might want to try out different ram.

HOLY AWSOME.....that is the MOST HELP I HAVE EVER HAD!!!!!!
I am so excited.....YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!.....you think that if I get another pair of mushkin ram...it would solve the problem....it is basic green but whatcha think?????!!!!!!!

I would cerainly try a different type/brand of memory as I am almost 100% that that is what is causing the glitches. You also might want to check the memory settings in the bios and make sure they are set at the least aggresive levels.

I would call MSI and ask them what kind of memory would best. In your case, however, I might reccomend just buying a cheap Geforce 4MX or Radeon 9000 and disable the integrated video, as this would save you from having to screw around with different memory and you'd have a faster graphics with dual outputs.

Back