• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda mosfet heatsinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pits

Registered
Anyone know where this guy got the tall BGA RAM sinks?

I have some ram sinks I could hack up but those tall ones look preaty nice.

Any other HS sources you guys have would be nice too.

I've seen several places carying the tweak monster RAM sinks, has anyone tried these?

Cool Innovations make some cool custom HS, but unfortunatly they will only sell to OEMs :(

Last edited:
anyone know if those thermaltake ramsinks that come with the heatspreaders are any good? i have a few of those from buying heatspreaders

ya....i think
the heatsink u have to get from alpha..
and cut yourself.....

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3 said:
anyone know if those thermaltake ramsinks that come with the heatspreaders are any good? i have a few of those from buying heatspreaders

Yeah they are just fine. Anything that will help conduct the heat away from the FETs is the idea.

the taller BGA ramsink are from alpha and you might need to do something cutting and filing on your own.

The BGA ramsink or just normal ramsink will work fine. However, for extra assurance, I added a 40mm fan.

Cool thanks for the info guys.
I have some old cpu sinks, I think I'll play with.

Well I hacked up an old heat sink I had laying around. They came out preaty nice. Now I just need some stuff to stick em on with. :)

what are you guys using to hack up the heatsinks? I have an old p2 heatsink i wouldn't mind hacking :) Would a hack saw work? Or is that overkill. meh:)

Well I hacked up an old heat sink I had laying around. They came out preaty nice. Now I just need some stuff to stick em on with.

what are you guys using to hack up the heatsinks? I have an old p2 heatsink i wouldn't mind hacking Would a hack saw work? Or is that overkill. meh

yeah, i would like to know too, my thermaltakes are way too big, what did you use pits?

A Dremel or a repcipricating Skil saw work for me.... Oh and of course a vice to hold the heatsink... :)

nYmph

jhbball said:
what are you guys using to hack up the heatsinks? I have an old p2 heatsink i wouldn't mind hacking :) Would a hack saw work? Or is that overkill. meh:)

I would think a hack saw with a metal blade would work good, just have to use some elbow greese :)

I used my new reciprocating saw I got for Christmas, some people call it a sawzaw. It's a pretty hefty power tool and with a metal cutting blade it cut through my old aluminum HS like butter. I also used a good set of metal files to clean up the edges, and burs.

Oh yeah and a bench vice is very handy for holding it wile your cutting, and filing.

The HS I used was a painted aluminum jobie, and I just put a few coats of semi-gloss paint on them to cover up a few of the scarf marks. (Over kill I know, but I don’t like my stuff looking geto. :p )

I need to pick up some sand paper tomorrow to lap the basses. And I'm still waiting on my thermal epoxy in the mail.

I'll post some pics in a few days when I get it all done.

Back