• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which drivers for 8rda+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vdubpsu

i've seen multiple posts going either way. should i use the ones off the cd? or should i use the ones from www.8rda.com

i plan on formatting tonight and would like to know what to use.

www.8rda.com is link to nvidia's ftp.....

the driver on the cd is version 2.00 and the latest version is 2.03

The proper order to install winxp and also nforce2 driver is

Fresh install of Windows XP

Apply Windows XP SP1

Install Nforce Univerisal Driver Package 2.03 and do not install nforce SW IDE controller but manually install the ide controller from [extract temp dir]\NVIDIA\nForce\WinXP\2.03\IDE\WinXP\nvhdc.inf

EluSiOn said:
www.8rda.com is link to nvidia's ftp.....

the driver on the cd is version 2.00 and the latest version is 2.03

The proper order to install winxp and also nforce2 driver is

Fresh install of Windows XP

Apply Windows XP SP1

Install Nforce Univerisal Driver Package 2.03 and do not install nforce SW IDE controller but manually install the ide controller from [extract temp dir]\NVIDIA\nForce\WinXP\2.03\IDE\WinXP\nvhdc.inf

& why do not install nforce SW IDE controller? I installed in this sequence , fresh Xp, then drivers off cd, then XP1 then had to manually select ide controller as burner would not work but now all is grande

Cisco kid

Many people having problem burning cd if their cd-rw drive is treated as SCSI device. and also on epox website FAQ stated that for winxp it needs to install SP1 before applying the nforce2 driver because of USB 2.0 issue (SP1 adds usb 2.0 support for winxp I guess) Some people also having very slow read/write IO after install the SW driver for IDE controller. So I would wait for a newer driver than 2.03 to fix the ide controller bug issue.

Back